Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my car folks but a company who I've been emailing about looking after bodywork etc (see my earelier post) sent me this link to some pics of a Scuba blue S-line that they recently paid some very careful and effective attention to.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=199145

Hopefully you agree that the end result (from www.polishedbliss.co.uk) is superb and for those of you who have a keen interest in keeping your car looking good, their website is a mine of useful information however far you want to get into car care.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've bought cleaning products from polished bliss and they are very very good. They do also sell the higher end products that are VERY good stuff. Just as long as your willing to pay that little bit extra lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hell theres some work gone into that finish... the only thing i didnt like to see was them power washing the engine,that would worry me that water would leak in somewere,or or blow off some fixing...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed they have some v pricey bottles of stuff for competition detailing etc but they also stock things that compare well price-wise to mid to top range high street brands. My experience is you get what you pay for (as with everything in life). If you find good service and products from a small company they deserve support.

Otherwise we all end up with large chains, limited choice (no names mentioned) and all too often. a take-it or leave it attitude.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've always bought my products from them for all my cars. Ive spent a small fortune but won a few trophies too. . I've topped up on new stuff ready for the A1

·
Registered
442 Posts
aww , i need a good hour to read throu all the text , thank you for the link teuchter.

Ive never sprayed my car before with soap suds and left it before rinsing off with my karcher and then beginning the clean of the car with old bucket and sponge.

Anyone know of a brand name ( other than the quoted on this link ) like turtle wax or autoglym ? where you can buy it , ive got a jet washer machine ( karcher ) and it takes the cartridges. But ever used this just to rinse the cars off with

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought my snow foam lance from cleanyourcar.co.uk, they sell the snow foam and other products like chemical guys maxisuds.
You should replace your sponge for a wash mitt, i have the meguiars lambswool mitt and can recommend it.
[album]353[/album]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Polished bliss are 20 mins from me.. didnt even realise they existed :) I can sense an expensive journey across there soon...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Inverted said:
Polished bliss are 20 mins from me.. didnt even realise they existed :) I can sense an expensive journey across there soon...
How much does a 6 hour car wash cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
74 Posts
A sponge will cause fine scratches and swirling to your paint as the grit and dirt will lay on the surface of your sponge, a wash mitt traps the dirt and grit into the mitt and leaves the surface layer that cleans your car free of dirt and grit helping to reduce and avoiding the Scratches and swirling effect.
Also using the two bucket wash method will help reduce these effects, have a bucket with car shampoo and a bucket with plain water and use for rinsing your dirty washmitt after applying to the car bodywork.
Checkout this link that helps explain more http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... php?t=4637

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not the only way now...
I've been reading those forums myself. As i dont have a hose outlet, i'm going to be trying Optimum No Rinse... looks superb. However its back to the sponge (albeit a grouting sponge) ... going to be taking a leap of faith on this one:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=195294

Chris

·
Registered
442 Posts
lee3482 said:
I bought my snow foam lance from cleanyourcar.co.uk, they sell the snow foam and other products like chemical guys maxisuds.
You should replace your sponge for a wash mitt, i have the meguiars lambswool mitt and can recommend it.
[album]353[/album]
How much does it cost for product you use in the foam lance ?

Thanks :) Just ordered a meguiars one , any recommendations for a sponge for just the lower parts of the car ? asda have had offers on a microfibre type ones ( bright colours ) ? these be any good

saying that , to let you know asda have a 15 pack of microfibre cloths , blue , red and yellow were £7 per pack , were £4 last weekend

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the PH Neutral Snow Foam, You can buy in 5 Litres or 1 Litre, i went for the 1 Litre just as much smaller bottle to store and it will last a while as you dilute it when you mix into the foam lance with warm water and a little shampoo.
5 Litres costs £15 and 1 Litre is £5.95. Cleanyoucar currently have there Snow Foam Lances on sale for £45 and any products you buy you get 5% back in points for your next purchase.

I only use a normal sponge for wheels and Arches and underbody, the rest of the car i use the Meguiars Washmitt.
Microfibres are of different qualitys, check the Asda ones to see what they are like, some i have seen in supermarkets aren't that good quality. i have an Autoglym high tech finishing cloth for final finishing, and a few Meguiars microfibres for drying and buffing.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ive got a Karcher jet washer , just looking at the booklet i had with it , there is a Karcher attachement like the foam lance on cleanyourcar ? but would this karcher one been the same type? or is the foam lance slightly different? because will you be able to adjust the mixer on say the karcher one?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a karcher k series, I have seen the official karcher one on ebay, you can't adjust the mix on the karcher one. With the snow foam lance you can control the mix ratio on top of the lance and all the fittings are made with brass, so should be hard wearing compared to plastic on the karcher one.
The price on cleanyourcar for the snow foam lance is pretty good at the moment, I was watching used ones on ebay and they were fetching the same money so bit of a no brainer to go for new.

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
does it , just twist and lock into your trigger gun

Are you using the snow foam type cleaner?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.