Audi A1 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I washed my car at the weekend for the first time and I saw a couple of rusty looking spots near the boot. I didn't give it a thought at the time that it was connected to this, but I guess it is. However, I did have Lifeshine on mine and they came off really easily.

If I get more though then I will raise it with Audi because I don't want it happening.

Hopefully the Lifeshine will keep doing it's work!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Unfortunately the yellow dots will always be with you. Yes you can remove them, but depending obviously on where you live they will return over time. As said earlier they are most likely small Iron particles that get carried in the moisture in the air. When it rains, or just when the air is dusty it "falls out" and onto any surfaces exposed to the elements. As is with the way with lighter coloured cars, they show up a LOT more than on silvers and darker coloured cars, but they WILL be there even on blacks etc. Regular claying (paint removal is negligible as its not an abrasive), or application of IronX will solve this for most of you. Those of you that have had your cars Lifeshined, firstly i hope you didnt pay for it, as you can get the kit yourself for £14, and secondly, dont rely on it. Over time the protection will fail. I know it is guaranteed, but it will not offer you the best protection long term. If you have the time, get a couple of coats of good wax on the car. This will perform MUCH better, and give a far superior shine to your car. Lifeshine does excel for people who rarely wash their cars, in that it gives a semi permanant protection, but will lack in shine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Inverted said:
Unfortunately the yellow dots will always be with you. Yes you can remove them, but depending obviously on where you live they will return over time. As said earlier they are most likely small Iron particles that get carried in the moisture in the air. When it rains, or just when the air is dusty it "falls out" and onto any surfaces exposed to the elements. As is with the way with lighter coloured cars, they show up a LOT more than on silvers and darker coloured cars, but they WILL be there even on blacks etc. Regular claying (paint removal is negligible as its not an abrasive), or application of IronX will solve this for most of you. Those of you that have had your cars Lifeshined, firstly i hope you didnt pay for it, as you can get the kit yourself for £14, and secondly, dont rely on it. Over time the protection will fail. I know it is guaranteed, but it will not offer you the best protection long term. If you have the time, get a couple of coats of good wax on the car. This will perform MUCH better, and give a far superior shine to your car. Lifeshine does excel for people who rarely wash their cars, in that it gives a semi permanant protection, but will lack in shine.
I understand what you are saying but i dont see why this sound be accepted though? I asked for white not for white with rust flexs :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm afraid its a natural occurance. Nothing to do with Audi. The fleks will be on the surface (if maybe a little engrained). The fleks would not have been present as it rolled off the line.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I expect I am like you Nipz, if I had realised this I probably wouldn't have chosen white. :( But I do plan to look after it well throughout the time I have it. Live and learn!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well washed my car over the weekend and used the Autoglym Clay Bar kit....

No more yellow stains :) worked a treat! The clay was covered in little yellow bits and some tar spots when I was finished.

So my advice to people with yellow stains, get a good clay bar kit and with a few hours of your time it will be spotless!

I also spent time adding a good layer of wax! hopefully they wont return!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I plan on giving my A1 a good coat of polish as soon as i pick it up (Depending on the weather) ;)

I will have to get my detailing kit out of the shed. I think i still have some Victoria Concours Wax left!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I too have noticed some yellow stains on the car. Is a clay bar the only way to get them off, or would super resin polish work, might talk to Autoglym and see what they recommend.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi

I spoke to my Audi Bodyshop about these marks, when I was having a paint defect looked at. The chap gave a very plausible explanation about these being environmental rather than a factory/production issue. He said the worst case he ever saw was on a car which was kept adjacent to a railway line.

He did say that it should be possible to remove them - and indeed on this A1 I have already polished some off quite easily. Having said that, there were some on my previous A1 which seemed well and truly embedded in the paint. Perhaps it makes a difference how soon after the paint is applied, that the contamination drops onto it?

I've waxed my car with Autoglym HD wax, so hopefully any new deposits will slip off easily when washing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All,

Following on from my post on Friday I have been in contact with a really helpful chap from AutoGlym who stated the following:

I would agree with the clay kit suggestion in the thread. Fallout is a pain and will, as mentioned, be more obvious on white cars. The clay will remove the fallout but there is no permanent cure, but the clay will remove the contamination.

Autoglym Surface Detailing Clay Kit: http://shop.autoglym.com/exterior-clean ... y-kit.html

The kit also contains Autoglym Rapid Detailer which recently won an Auto Express Award: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/p ... ested.html

Now I have been on Amazon and most of these products can be bought from the third party sellers cheaper then from AutoGlym and Halfords direct. Anyway I hope this helps.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts