Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is what mine look like:

Sorry for the bad photos but you have to get close to see them :) there are about 1mm

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine are next to wheel arches and on the flat part around the boot :(

Is this something to worry about? Should i be seeing my dealer to get them painted?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Lady_SadlyBroke said:
I've got them again on my second A1. But last time, they were pale yellow spots and were right in the paintwork. This time, they are a deeper gold, more flecked - and they polish off quite easily.
I spent ages polishing my car today and sent time on them and didn't budge :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Inverted said:
Unfortunately the yellow dots will always be with you. Yes you can remove them, but depending obviously on where you live they will return over time. As said earlier they are most likely small Iron particles that get carried in the moisture in the air. When it rains, or just when the air is dusty it "falls out" and onto any surfaces exposed to the elements. As is with the way with lighter coloured cars, they show up a LOT more than on silvers and darker coloured cars, but they WILL be there even on blacks etc. Regular claying (paint removal is negligible as its not an abrasive), or application of IronX will solve this for most of you. Those of you that have had your cars Lifeshined, firstly i hope you didnt pay for it, as you can get the kit yourself for £14, and secondly, dont rely on it. Over time the protection will fail. I know it is guaranteed, but it will not offer you the best protection long term. If you have the time, get a couple of coats of good wax on the car. This will perform MUCH better, and give a far superior shine to your car. Lifeshine does excel for people who rarely wash their cars, in that it gives a semi permanant protection, but will lack in shine.
I understand what you are saying but i dont see why this sound be accepted though? I asked for white not for white with rust flexs :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts