Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
shakeystevo said:
I never got round to contacting Audi about it, didn't want the hassle of having to take it in.

I've bought a clay bar kit and am going to see if I can remove them myself. I will post details if successful :)
You still need to inform audi of the prob. I've noticed it on mine now after 2 weeks on the rear bumper. Nowhere else on car yet. But I will be informing them if it next week. At the end of the day it could be a potential recall prob if it's bumpers as they painted elsewhere. No clay bar will be going on my new paint work for a while. That's what we all have warranty for. AUDI NEED TO KNOW.  there are too many of us with same problem

·
Registered
127 Posts
tim said:
Been on the Fiat 500 forum and looks like it is a common problem,seems like the cause is iron particles from brakes that settle and rust on the surface looks like a clay bar should sort it.
Mine are in the middle of the rear bumper where tailgate shuts so brake dust up there I don't think that's the issue here 

·
Registered
127 Posts
lee3482 said:
Look up a product on google called carpro iron x, vids on youtube show you can just spray on all contaminated areas iron particles turn the chemicals purple and just wipes off, seen a lot of detailers using it on detailingworld you can buy a bottle for £13 from polishedbliss.
Maybe worth looking at. If no joy from Audi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts