Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question to all those who have purchased the xtec led Drl's. When you fitted them did you purchase the resistors for any bulb errors or have you all managed to just put the bulbs in and fund they have been successful without. Your findings will be appreciated as I'm getting fed up with the orange glow now 

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I just fitted my Xtec LED's and Osram Night Breaker plus bulbs too. No problems found.......so far.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just reading this post has reminded me that when trading in my a1 sport for my 185 I left the xtec drls in the car......doh!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
concoursneil said:
Just a quick question to all those who have purchased the xtec led Drl's. When you fitted them did you purchase the resistors for any bulb errors or have you all managed to just put the bulbs in and fund they have been successful without. Your findings will be appreciated as I'm getting fed up with the orange glow now 
Clarification please. By "Xtec DRL's", do you mean that you have replaced the bulbs with LED types? Cos I can't find Xtec DRL's in their catalogue.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Pygi said:
concoursneil said:
Clarification please. By "Xtec DRL's", do you mean that you have replaced the bulbs with LED types? Cos I can't find Xtec DRL's in their catalogue.
Yes - but they are not Audi parts, just a third party replacement.

Out and about at the moment so can't post the link to the place to buy them, hopefully someone else can :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Pygi said:
concoursneil said:
Here you go Matey Chops!

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/xtec-w21w-t20-7440-11-smd-high-power-leds-white-p-485.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've recently bought an Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sport with S Tronic and, because it's not an S-Line, I was unable to add the Xenon / LED lights. I've been looking through the forum and it seems that a lot of people here have simply swapped the bulbs in their halogen lights to the bulbs mentioned above. If I were to do this too, how difficult is it (I have no technical knowledge of cars) and how many would I need to buy?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just posted that they were available on Sport or SE. Then noticed you have 1.4 S tronic - and surprised to see not available with 1.4TFSI Sport S tronic in brochure.

Cannot understand why :? that is but sure some one will enlighten me.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Godzilla said:
BigDeuce451 said:
Pygi said:
Here you go Matey Chops!

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/xtec-w21w-t20-7440-11-smd-high-power-leds-white-p-485.html
DO these bulbs do both the DRL and sidelights. I have noticed that the DRLs are slightly brighter than the sidelights, so am confused if these bulbs would d the same?
Yeah they do both. They dim slightly like the standard bulbs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pretty easy. The whole headlight comes out (covered in the handbook). It's a bit fiddly but with a bit of patience I think most people should manage it.

One thing is that if they don't work you might have them in the wrong way round. That had my stumped for a bit when I fitted mine.

·
Registered
811 Posts
stevey_cam said:
One thing is that if they don't work you might have them in the wrong way round. That had my stumped for a bit when I fitted mine.
Any indication which way round is the correct way?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't think so. I just didn't put them in properly until I'd tried them and made sure they were working.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I don't think it is possible to put them in the wrong way round, the pins are identical either way up

·
Registered
126 Posts
Definitely is possible

1 - 20 of 86 Posts