Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
No, in typical Audi style you can have them on other models as a £1050 option. I did not bother and have ordered a pair of LED bulbs for the DRL's.

·
Registered
811 Posts
trabzone61 said:
Guys, the Xenon headlights! will they only be on the sline models!??
Which country are you in?

As Robbie says in the UK Xenon is available on SE, Sport and S line. See order code XE1 and XE2

Audi UK A1 Jan 2011 Brochure Pg 12
Xenon headlights are available on all trim levels of the Audi A1.

·
Registered
921 Posts
XE1 and XE2 are the options for various versions of the SE and Sport (Page 42 of current brochure)
The option for S-line is PX4 (Page 47 of current brochure)

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I ordered I was told that if I wanted xeon plus I had to buy the s-line! I ordered and I have now found out that the xeon plus is available across the range.

·
Registered
284 Posts
jason said:
When I ordered I was told that if I wanted xeon plus I had to buy the s-line! I ordered and I have now found out that the xeon plus is available across the range.
U were screwed. Call the dealer and ask for some compensation. Or re-order with no delays.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't think you get the daylight running lights with the xenons on the sport or SE models.

·
Registered
77 Posts
jbrazier said:
I could be wrong but I don't think you get the daylight running lights with the xenons on the sport or SE models.
You are correct. Ordered mine last weekend. Only available on the S-line in the UK which is one of the reasons I have ordered the S-Line.
Page 47 - £765, worth every penny I hope.

·
Registered
41 Posts
And also looking at the brochure you get the LED rear lights on the S-Line package as well.

And it was also the main reason we went for the S-Line - the missus WANTED the daylight running LEDs!

·
Registered
77 Posts
jbrazier said:
And also looking at the brochure you get the LED rear lights on the S-Line package as well.

And it was also the main reason we went for the S-Line - the missus WANTED the daylight running LEDs!
Just read the other thread and the site ADmin guy reckons you can get it on all models. Priceing and spec guide says different as does my salesman valid from October 2010, 2011 year model...............

·
Registered
811 Posts
E172Essex said:
Just checked. On line spec still says S-Line only :eek: @ Jae..............
When you say 'Online spec' do you mean the configurator/tech specs on the Audi UK website or the PDF Brochure downloaded from the website? (Configurator is out of date).

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Here is the update that was issued in October, from an Audi employee....UK

·
Registered
274 Posts
The confusion is that the SE/Sport models can now have the Xenons XE1/XE2 - but only the S-Line gets LED DRL's - PX4 - the others get some non-LED DRL (i.e. bulbs - not a strip) - which is the thing people notice about the Audi's. Xenons are only for night time when you can't tell what it is coming towards you.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Read the brochure again - the XE1 package calls up the PX4 package which includes the LED running lights and rear lights and is the package used on th S-Line

I'm pretty certain that the LED running lights and rear lights come when Xenons are ordered regardless of model. You don't get headlamp washers on the 1.4 Sport S-Tronic

Madant has managed to order them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Missed that - its just not very clear - only mention one feature and a product code - and not the headline grabber. Thankless task, but theres probably a job going at audi for brochure prep.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I agree their brochures could do with some consistency and configuration control.

As someone else pointed out in the other thread, page 12 of the brochure states categorically that Xenons and the unique LED running lights and LED rear lights are available on ALL trim levels

·
Registered
77 Posts
Brochure is rubbish.Went over it ten times, and I am sure the sales rep's are not sure what they are doing.
Not sure what Jae is trying to point out TBH. Those dont look like UK prices................................
I buy things for thousands that I dont understand and the Audi broucher is rubbish. The mix N match to get what you want is not customer friendly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We ordered our TDI Sport model a couple of weeks ago including the Xenon light package XE1.

When the order was sent from the dealer to the factory it was not accepted. So they ordered the following 3 items individually.

PX4. Xenon headlights inc LED daytime running lights, rear LED lights, auto headlight adjustment, dynamic range control and headlight washers.

QQ1. LED interior light package.

8N6/4GP. Light and rain sensors / sun band on windscreen.

All the above form the Xenon light package and were confirmed on the order and accepted by the factory.

So this is available on the Sport model.

Lets hope its all there when it comes in April !!!!.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Chelmersteve said:
I agree their brochures could do with some consistency and configuration control.

As someone else pointed out in the other thread, page 12 of the brochure states categorically that Xenons and the unique LED running lights and LED rear lights are available on ALL trim levels
Page 12 of the brochure only states that Xenon headlights are available on all trim levels - not the Xenon Plus package.

PX4 Xenon Plus (running lights and rear LEDs) is clearly only available for the S-Line according to the brochure

But then Always Audi has managed to order them on his Sport so I guess we'll have to wait and see. But why have an XE1 package that's not actually available?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts