Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a few new products from polished bliss namely wolfs body wrap,glass guard and rim shield.
The idea being to play around with a selection of products before I decide on which to use on my new a1.

Used my M3 as guinea pig and initial thoughts on the wolfs body wrap is very good, it is a paint sealant as opposed to a wax and go's on and comes off very easily leaving a very slippery shiny looking finish, only got the sides and the front bumper done as it's raining now but on a dark car it looks very good. Going to see how it stands up to daily driving and the odd wash then decide if it's the right choice for glacier.

Anyone else tried this stuff?.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am guilty of being a little overstocked with the detailing stuff as well!, might have a look at the zaino items as I have heard good reports about them. I did think about collinite wax but if this sealant proves to be ok on the bm then I think this could be the way forward.

G

·
Ah Jeffs Acrylic, agree its good on white, especially pearls.

Found it hard to remove if applied in the sun, as it dries quite fast. From memory there's a spray that'll help.

Great on metallic silver too :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chunky Monkey said:
Good to see another detailing enthusiast on the forum :)

Not sure how Collinite can be called a wax, after all wax is meant to be a natural product, have you used and smelt any of their range?! If its a wax then its been extensively chemically altered (judging by how hard it is to get off cloths)!

IMO its a sealant, and a good one at that. I just think their marketing dept just called it a wax as sealants weren't around in those days, (est 1936), plus its got some strong chemicals in it that might sneak under the radar if called a 'wax' these days!

476 S is good on wheels, although tough for the inexperienced user to get on with as its quite hard to remove if left on for too long, smells very strong, and you cant get it off the cloths unless you boil wash them! Lasts for ages though, seen it bead 9 months or so.

What model M3 by the way? :)
476S is good for winter!, lasts for ages and yes it is very good on wheels. i have an e46 m3 coupe in carbon black which i cant for the time being bear to part with as it has been such a good car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chunky Monkey said:
Nice BMW!

135i M Sport Coupe here, Jet Black, A1's on the way to cut down on running costs, fuel just keeps on costing more and more. :cry:

The BMW's going to be kept for 'fun'! ;)

Good to have you on the forum.
pretty much the same as me then, the bmw will now be for just for fun whenever the mood takes me, fuel before was not to bad but now its the guts of £85 - £90 to fill up with v power and it doesnt last long. almost went for a newer v8 m3 but for now i will stick with the e46 and enjoy the new audi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts