Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this done yet? What make was it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes my A1 has gone to Audi for a new windscreen and a dent on the roof to be repaired.. I expect them to use the genuine Audi screen. Autoglass and autoscreen didn't have any in stock anyway.

·
Registered
305 Posts
rajtamarind said:
Yes my A1 has gone to Audi for a new windscreen and a dent on the roof to be repaired.. I expect them to use the genuine Audi screen. Autoglass and autoscreen didn't have any in stock anyway.
how much do you know?

·
Registered
145 Posts
My windscreen has a big crack in it and I'm hoping they will use a Audi one not a copy . I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reason I ask is... I had the windscreen replaced under warranty by Audi as it developed a crack a few weeks back.

Today I got a stone chip in it, so thinking towards replacing it under insurance. I'm pretty sure though Autoglass won't fit an Audi one rather an OEM one (prob same manufacturer as the original)....I read on other forums geniune Audi ones are £160 while the OEM ones are £60 on fully comp insurance..

Audi original tend to use Sekurit or Pilkington. The OEM ones tend to be Pilkington but without the Audi part numbers and branding on them...

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
If it's a chip, get it repaired, dead easy and you cannot see iy

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I could - its too shallow to have the resin injection :-(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Its a real annoyance having a stone chip,your eyes are just drawn to it,i remember my last car only 3 months old had a stone hit the windscreen and the chip got bigger and bigger,had to be replaced,out comes old windscreen car looked totaly a right off in goes new windscreen only to find no sun band across the top,oh well had to have it fitted..few months later another stone chip right in front to drivers view,had this one repaired,it never cracked any more but could always notice it...
funny thing was the screen was hit three times on the same dual carrageway,as the car before also had a new screen fitted.
the perils of driving hey..
god no,s how big deuce copes ,maybe he has shatterproofs..lol
:cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just booked mine in with Autoglass. They said it would take 5 days to get a screen so due the bank holiday and the fact I'm having it fitted near where I work it will be Tuesday next week before it's complete. I'll let you know what make it is.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it the 60quid job?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Mine doesn't get chipped. The heat from the sun coming off my eyeglasses is magnified and melts any stones before impact. OH YEAH BABY! :lol: :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
jollyretard said:
rajtamarind said:
how much do you know?
Not sure what the cost of the windscreen is, as it was costed as part of £1600 damage that was done to my car..............

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too have chipped my windscreen, had my car a week, gutted! Contacted Autoglass through my insurance tonight & they reckon it's repairable so a technician will be at my house tomorrow .....watch this space!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they are usually around 200-300 quid without insurance...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had one done on the A4 which had sun band and rain sensor and was £350but was a not a genuine OEM screen, not done through insurance as was on company business.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Rang autoglass last week and booked in for Tuesday however they rang me today to say they did not have a screen and it would be another week as it had to come from Audi so it looks like a proper screen for me.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sweet!

I wonder if this is because the car is so new...

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
interesting so the time to replace is now :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
Now had the screen replace and it was a Audi one with the rings on it and everything. Autoglass did a OK job but will still have to vac it out as there a little bits of black sealent all over the dash. No rattles from removed trim however, so in all an good job.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.