Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen the Windscreen Circles when the car is misted up on the inside? Looks like sucker marks where the glass was handled.

Haven't had chance to try and clean it off but I had an A3 with the same and nothing would remove them .

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yep, I have a couple of small circles on the front and I noticed the larger marks from the suction pads (probably) on the rear window! Great job the valeters do!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's one thing I didn't try
On my A3 I tried all manner of glass cleaners and even white spirit!

·
Registered
151 Posts
mrfaize said:
Anyone seen the Windscreen Circles when the car is misted up on the inside? Looks like sucker marks where the glass was handled.

Haven't had chance to try and clean it off but I had an A3 with the same and nothing would remove them .
Yes, my windows seem to have them all over. I suppose they are 'robot finger prints' :lol:

Does yours have soft-pile sticky tape applied around the inner edges of the boot opening? I think they are just temporary scratch protection of the hard plastics and perhaps the dealership should have removed them. I have left them on for now, but am pretty sure they aren't meant to remain on (if they are, then they are cheap and nasty!).

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did have a couple that they missed during PDI between rear seat back and boot - removed. Also found a sticker under rear bumper - removed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lady_SadlyBroke said:
Does yours have soft-pile sticky tape applied around the inner edges of the boot opening? I think they are just temporary scratch protection of the hard plastics and perhaps the dealership should have removed them. I have left them on for now, but am pretty sure they aren't meant to remain on (if they are, then they are cheap and nasty!).
I thought you have an option from the dealer to have the boot protected with see through plastic? Did you opt for this option as the sticky tape you mention could be just that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
No, it's not part of any protection option. Its just some strips of black fuzzy tape - about 4 of them on each side of the boot corners. It's a bit like the soft half of velcro tape. I'm 99% certain it should have been removed as part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes they should have been removed at PDI. I spoke to the dealer when I noticed them on our car and it was confirmed they are just for transit/assembly.
Funny thing is they had also left them on the cars in the showroom!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.