Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i just noticed i had the car out in the rain and wipers were on i had to stop at a set of traffic lights and just noticed the wipers stop as to,well they sort of went onto timed sweep and when i drove off they went back to normal

·
Registered
30 Posts
That happened on a couple of cars I've had. Another thing I noticed is that when you put the car in reverse, if you have the rain sensor it automatically activates the rear wiper! :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think I need to go for a drive in the rain. I haven't used my rear wiper yet. And barely used the front wiper.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes father I noticed this too! Mine went to intermediate whenever I braked & stopped the car! & resumed when I took off .....another cool feature, clever audi! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I don't know if this only applies to the auto wipers, but they also speed up depending on the amount of rain falling.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Re: Auto Wipers. Why is it that if you select reverse, the rear wiper sweeps the back window immediately, but if you pull away forwards, the front wipers don't start until you reach about 10-15 mph or so? I find this very slightly irritating as I pull away from my house (which is in a cul-de-sac) and in the interests of public safety(!) I drive only slowly.

- It means I have to activate the wipers manually to clear the front screen as I move off - which is just such a bother now that I am used to lazily leaving it up to the car to deal with! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.