Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am going to get my windows tinted on saturday as it is cheaper and i get to choose the tint %.

However i thought i would ring the insurance to double check it wouldnt cost me any more and they want to charge me £43.32 extra! Bit of a cheek just for windows.

I know that it makes the car look more 'sporty' and more attractive (each to their own of course) but £43.32 is a lot!!!

The back three windows are only £160 to get them tinted :? the most annoying thing is that if i got them done from Audi it wouldnt cost any more as it was a factory item... stupid insurance :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dont tell em , say they were factory fitted if any thing happens ..is this a broker ?
Ask the firm who is fitting the tint if they have heard of this before...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yorky40 said:
Dont tell em , say they were factory fitted if any thing happens ..is this a broker ?
Ask the firm who is fitting the tint if they have heard of this before...
I would rather they knew because if i crashed and they get the invoice for the car etc and see its not on there and they said the insurance is void and wont let me claim for the £43.32 i would be gutted!

I will ask them about it but just wanted everyones views on it really.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tim said:
Tell them its film to make the windows harder to break and therefore want a reduction!
Thats what i said to them. They said they disagree as if the windows are clear the people could see there was nothing to steal and would leave the car alone!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes thats often the way they see it; looks like youve got something to hide, should always declare it, just to be on the safe side

1 - 6 of 6 Posts