Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all. Just put the car away for the evening and noticed a weird clear plastic sticker just in front of the rear wheel arch. (on both sides) Not sure why it's there but I can imagine it will look quite tatty over time. Any ideas on what it is, why it's there and if anyone has removed them? At handover the dealer just said "they all come with them" and didn't offer any explanation when my wife picked it up (nor did she question it!) I just think it's there for some sort of delivery protection but don't want to remove there's a reason it's there. :?:

·
Registered
305 Posts
its to protect the paintwork; as if you look where the sticker is - it is positioned where the bodywork flares out so it is a region which is likely to get stones etc chipping up.

Not all a1's have them, i think its a "if the dealer remembers to put them on" job

Most new cars have them though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that. On an amalfi White, I was worried they might discolour and it was just some delivery package left behind but it does make sense with the position they're in. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
305 Posts
no worries, happy motoring!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got these on mine, looks crap to be honest and I'd rather stone chips but I'm weary to take them off not knowing the condition of the paint underneath... Anyone got rid of them yet?

·
Registered
305 Posts
richieshore said:
I've got these on mine, looks crap to be honest and I'd rather stone chips but I'm weary to take them off not knowing the condition of the paint underneath... Anyone got rid of them yet?
i think its one of those things that you only notice it until you know its there... i wouldn't bother removing it tbh, its there for good purposes and no one will see it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just picked up my tdi sport ex-demomstrator and noticed these stickers. The dealer said they were not on s line due to the shape of s line it was only needed on the sport to protect from chips and not on any other models such as a3. Anyway one of my stickers had a slight crease in it so dealer is replacing it. How have the stickers been wearing? as I too think they might look all tatty with age. Also ex-demo had loads of scratches which had to be removed, so worried it will get scratched easily, it's scuba blue, does this color scratch easier than other colours? Cheers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't believe a certain colour can scratch more easier than others. Scratches do show up more on darker coloured cars although everyone will get them. There unavoidable :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
I removed mine. Was easy. Just get it going and it peels off. Any backing left was easily removed with some polish. Looks better without them.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Ive got an Amalfi like Version of these Stickers on my Glacier White. Had to call the Dealer regarding this and he said they were their to stop Stone Chips ! I Wont be removing them due not knowing what is under them however the Dealer has said if it Bugs me that much he can enquire about getting them painted for me F.O.C. in Glacier

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Keep the Amalfi stickers, more chance of you getting some action, haha ;)

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Moj ... Buy a White car and you Might get some Women other than Grannies Approaching you. Its the Ye Olde Cream Affect :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts