21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mojito said:
BigDeuce451 said:
Cambridge Audi sucks ass.
+1
Having recently raised children and played host to their numerous friends over the years (still continuing) I have never heard the terms "kicks ass" or "sucks ass" used in everyday speech (although sucks sounds slightly more derogatory than kicks, thus kicks must be good). I often see these terms on various motorbike forums but could never really feel confident enough to contribute to the dialogue in case I misinterpreted the context.

I'm all for americanisms though, as most of them have a way of accurately describing basic human emotions; just wish I new what more of them meant :D

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
RobbieA said:
On Tuesday I rang the supplying dealer for my A1 to book a seevice. I was advised that they were busy but someone would call me back. I am still waiting, well no I'm not as I rang Audi Taunton who were very helpful and I am taking the car in next week.
I've yet to meet a dealer who does called back. And not just Audi....

I swear if I applied this to my job with customers I'd be out within a week...And I'm not even in a customer facing role

·
Registered
679 Posts
I dealt with Steve Clarence at Macclesfield Audi & if i could not get hold of him because he was out or with another customer he would ring me back as soon as he was available normally within 15 minutes not bad really :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I just found the service person in question on facebook - seen her pics on nights out....

I fear that "they" are managing the repair of my car *shudder*

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Oldie said:
Mojito said:
BigDeuce451 said:
Cambridge Audi sucks ass.
+1
Having recently raised children and played host to their numerous friends over the years (still continuing) I have never heard the terms "kicks ass" or "sucks ass" used in everyday speech (although sucks sounds slightly more derogatory than kicks, thus kicks must be good). I often see these terms on various motorbike forums but could never really feel confident enough to contribute to the dialogue in case I misinterpreted the context.

I'm all for americanisms though, as most of them have a way of accurately describing basic human emotions; just wish I new what more of them meant :D
Big Deuce is American... And he is BIG! :lol:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts