Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
h5djr said:
So much depends on the individual dealer. I bought my first A3 back in 1998 and have used the same dealer, Huntingdon Audi, ever since and have always been very happy with both their Sales and Service departments. My wife now has her A1 on order through the same dealer and I'm sure they will give her the same excellent service.
Yes, you're right about that. Bury St. Edmunds and Kings Lynn Audi both kick ass in the customer service department. On the other hand though, Cambridge Audi sucks ass.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
h5djr said:
BigDeuce451 said:
h5djr said:
So much depends on the individual dealer. I bought my first A3 back in 1998 and have used the same dealer, Huntingdon Audi, ever since and have always been very happy with both their Sales and Service departments. My wife now has her A1 on order through the same dealer and I'm sure they will give her the same excellent service.
Yes, you're right about that. Bury St. Edmunds and Kings Lynn Audi both kick ass in the customer service department. On the other hand though, Cambridge Audi sucks ass.
Being a little older than you I guess, I not sure if you think Cambridge Audi are Good or Bad. If they are bad then I suggest you write to Gary Vindis who is the joint owner of the Vindis Group with his brother Nigel. I've known Gary for many years and he will not stand for poor customer service from any of his staff. In the past when my wife received less than brilliant service from Vindis VW in St ives we wrote to Gary Vindis and in a few weeks there was a new Service Manager in place who turned the department around.

She now uses Bedford VW as she no works in St Ives and I know several people who use Bedford Audi and they all speak as highly of them as I do of Huntingdon Audi and they are all part of the same Vindis Group which is still a private company owned and run by the two Vindis brothers.
I'm guessing, if you're older than 47, you are in fact older than me. Before I left Cambridge Audi, I let them have it. I scheduled an appointment to "test drive an A3, with the sole purpose of buying my first Audi". This is an exact quote of what I requested. My Wife and I arrived in the showroom on the appointed day, and we went to the front desk to let them know we had arrived. I was told, a salesman would be with us in 5 mintues, so for 30 minutes we were not acknowledge by anyone. 15 minutes into this fiasco I returned to the desk and informed them I would like to see someone, because "I want to buy an A3". 10 minutes later, still nothing. We left at the 30 minute mark. I sent two letters to the Vindis Group management and no replies ever returned. You know what they say "First time, shame on you.....Second time, shame on me". There will not be a third time. I will never go back to Cambridge Audi and I always tell anyone who wants an Audi to never go to Cambridge Audi.

We went to Kings Lynn Audi that day and bought an A3. The staff there were outstanding.

Cambridge Audi still sucks ass though, thats why I use Bury St. Edmunds Audi and Kings Lynn Audi.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My Wife still drives the A3 TDI (2005), she wants a new Audi next year. She initially wanted an RS3, but I talked her out of it. She looked at the Q3 and decided she didn't like the shape. So, I think she'll get an A3 (TDI 170bhp) Sport or S-line (3 door). I'm all about the power/mpg mix. Plus she's also been talking about getting the new A3 TMC'd too. :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts