Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK as I write this I do want people to bear in mind we do have a few good people on here who work at Audi and do make an effort to learn the cars they work with (and also interact with us customers)......then we have another group who show no interest whats so ever - it makes me wonder why they work there...I'm sure there's loads of people who'd queue for that job...

But today I got majorly angry with the service guy on the phone...."whats MMI?", "what's a bolster?"

After spending 10mins explaining the problems with my car thats in for repair - It gets abbreviated to "leaking jet" and "faulty seat" - how is that suppose to help the technican diagnose the fault??!

Rage over :-(

·
Registered
207 Posts
Overpaid and dont give a monkeys

·
Registered
165 Posts
So much depends on the individual dealer. I bought my first A3 back in 1998 and have used the same dealer, Huntingdon Audi, ever since and have always been very happy with both their Sales and Service departments. My wife now has her A1 on order through the same dealer and I'm sure they will give her the same excellent service.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
h5djr said:
So much depends on the individual dealer. I bought my first A3 back in 1998 and have used the same dealer, Huntingdon Audi, ever since and have always been very happy with both their Sales and Service departments. My wife now has her A1 on order through the same dealer and I'm sure they will give her the same excellent service.
Yes, you're right about that. Bury St. Edmunds and Kings Lynn Audi both kick ass in the customer service department. On the other hand though, Cambridge Audi sucks ass.

·
Registered
165 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
h5djr said:
Yes, you're right about that. Bury St. Edmunds and Kings Lynn Audi both kick ass in the customer service department. On the other hand though, Cambridge Audi sucks ass.
Being a little older than you I guess, I not sure if you think Cambridge Audi are Good or Bad. If they are bad then I suggest you write to Gary Vindis who is the joint owner of the Vindis Group with his brother Nigel. I've known Gary for many years and he will not stand for poor customer service from any of his staff. In the past when my wife received less than brilliant service from Vindis VW in St ives we wrote to Gary Vindis and in a few weeks there was a new Service Manager in place who turned the department around.

She now uses Bedford VW as she no works in St Ives and I know several people who use Bedford Audi and they all speak as highly of them as I do of Huntingdon Audi and they are all part of the same Vindis Group which is still a private company owned and run by the two Vindis brothers.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thing is - how did audi manage to recruit should clueless people?!?!

"hi there' i've come for an interview with those cars that have four rings - forgot the name"

·
Registered
115 Posts
taconite2 said:
After spending 10mins explaining the problems with my car thats in for repair - It gets abbreviated to "leaking jet" and "faulty seat" - how is that suppose to help the technican diagnose the fault??!

Rage over :-(
Classic description of a service advisor :lol:
I guess its because in the eyes of the recruiters its a sales role in the form of upsell

·
Registered
25 Posts
Depends entirely on the Audi dealership and the Service staff.

Yeovil Audi were brilliant when my TFSI (122) S Line went in to get checked out, the emissions control light was on so that was not a good sign. Within a few minutes the turbo/wastegate (BOV) was found to be at fault and a new part was on order.

The service manager even went through in detail what exactly was wrong and how they would fix it, you can't really ask for more than that!

A certain other Audi dealership on the other hand (who I won't name) have been utter pants.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Xaser04 said:
The service manager even went through in detail what exactly was wrong and how they would fix it, you can't really ask for more than that!
Way it should be!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
Sounds like you need to make your way down there to dish out an old skool beatdown :lol:
Does that include the 'Break a foot off in yo azz' Routine? :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
h5djr said:
BigDeuce451 said:
h5djr said:
Being a little older than you I guess, I not sure if you think Cambridge Audi are Good or Bad. If they are bad then I suggest you write to Gary Vindis who is the joint owner of the Vindis Group with his brother Nigel. I've known Gary for many years and he will not stand for poor customer service from any of his staff. In the past when my wife received less than brilliant service from Vindis VW in St ives we wrote to Gary Vindis and in a few weeks there was a new Service Manager in place who turned the department around.

She now uses Bedford VW as she no works in St Ives and I know several people who use Bedford Audi and they all speak as highly of them as I do of Huntingdon Audi and they are all part of the same Vindis Group which is still a private company owned and run by the two Vindis brothers.
I'm guessing, if you're older than 47, you are in fact older than me. Before I left Cambridge Audi, I let them have it. I scheduled an appointment to "test drive an A3, with the sole purpose of buying my first Audi". This is an exact quote of what I requested. My Wife and I arrived in the showroom on the appointed day, and we went to the front desk to let them know we had arrived. I was told, a salesman would be with us in 5 mintues, so for 30 minutes we were not acknowledge by anyone. 15 minutes into this fiasco I returned to the desk and informed them I would like to see someone, because "I want to buy an A3". 10 minutes later, still nothing. We left at the 30 minute mark. I sent two letters to the Vindis Group management and no replies ever returned. You know what they say "First time, shame on you.....Second time, shame on me". There will not be a third time. I will never go back to Cambridge Audi and I always tell anyone who wants an Audi to never go to Cambridge Audi.

We went to Kings Lynn Audi that day and bought an A3. The staff there were outstanding.

Cambridge Audi still sucks ass though, thats why I use Bury St. Edmunds Audi and Kings Lynn Audi.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes I am older than 47 - 63 to be precise.

As you describe that is very poor service. I've never been to Cambridge Audi but have used Huntingdon Audi for many years and always had excellent service both from Sales and Service. Strange how the service from different dealers within the same group can be so different. Must be down to the management of each individual dealership.

Perhaps one advantage from my point of view, certainly on the Sales side is I've always used the same salesman, Lee Stubbings, since 1998 and Lee just happens to be the nephew of Gary and Nigel Vindis as well as being an excellent salesman.

Do you still drive an A3 or have you changed to an A1?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My Wife still drives the A3 TDI (2005), she wants a new Audi next year. She initially wanted an RS3, but I talked her out of it. She looked at the Q3 and decided she didn't like the shape. So, I think she'll get an A3 (TDI 170bhp) Sport or S-line (3 door). I'm all about the power/mpg mix. Plus she's also been talking about getting the new A3 TMC'd too. :shock:

·
Registered
165 Posts
My first 8P A3 was in 2004 and was a 2.0TDI-140. I then had a 2.0TDI-170. When I changed to the latest common-rail A3 I tried both the 140 and the 170 and preferred the 140. It seemed to pick-up that bit quicker than the 170 and seemed to be able to cope with corners and roundabouts in a higher gear. Perhaps because the only difference on the common-rail versions is the 170 has a slightly bigger turbo.

I have since had the 140 'tweaked' and it now produces around 175. The tweaking cost me £300 which is a lot less the the £900 extra Audi charge for the 170. My next change will be when the 'new' A3 comes out . This hopefully will be at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September as I shall be on holiday in Germany at the time and intend to visit the show.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well guys I'm still without my A1! Been told friday now! :-(

·
Registered
108 Posts
On Tuesday I rang the supplying dealer for my A1 to book a seevice. I was advised that they were busy but someone would call me back. I am still waiting, well no I'm not as I rang Audi Taunton who were very helpful and I am taking the car in next week.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts