Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Was lucky to see a white A1 at my local dealer today. Fantastic looking car, photos don't do it justice. This one had the contrasting arch colour but even so the white really stands out. Build quality on the car is top notch.

Perfect.

Attached pics for those interested.

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi,
looks fantastic in white.....this is the colour i ordered back in July!. i also ordered the Pearlescent grey arches...One question though? Whats with the grey roof? is this standard when opting for the roof arch? The only photos i have seen todate have a white roof.

Sorry, think that was more than one question?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Thats the panoramic sunroof :) Normally it is the colour of the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah, Thanks for that. i wasn't aware the sunroof was an option....no matter, :roll: i think it still looks good! I was a bit worried about the Amalfi White....in the brochure it looks kind of cream..but on seeing a sample in the showroom and your photos it looks fab. My current A3 sport is brilliant white and looks good.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Amalfi is definitely not the same as brilliant white, as you can see by the pics above, it is creamier than the white box that it is next to, but it does look really good!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

In case you missed it when I posted the link in July, I posted a video of this car on YouTube:

You can see the panoramic roof quite clearly in the video.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spotted a recent YouTube video shot by Stafford Audi of the Amalfi white pre-production car that's been doing the rounds. This one shows the car under outside daylight conditions. Shame the video isn't of better quality but still think the car looks great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
jonb were the pics taken at Brighton Audi? think I was there while you were videoing/taking pics, lol!! Glad I saw it as it made me make my mind up about ordering one!! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Indeed it was Brighton Audi! I think the same car went to Stafford judging by their video.

I ordered a white Sport back in July but a couple of weeks ago I had a last minute change of heart and re-specced to S-line so that I could get the "curve" headlights. As a result my build week has slipped to wk 2 and I won't be seeing the car until February. Still be worth the wait though!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oops sorry Nicki I meant the 1st lot of pics & film clip not the stafford audi clip :) . Good choice jonb, I've gone for the s line as well but in daytona grey. I ordered mine on 9th Aug but they just changed the spec on one that they had already ordered in but I still don't have a build week, was hoping to avoid the vat increase but maybe thats wishful thinking now!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice choice A1girl! I think the build week is approximate; if orders into the factory change then there's a chance the build could be brought forward but I think it more likely to go the other way with various production glitches holding things back. I guess neither of us will be making the cut for the 13th November launch day invite to London!

The only thing I miss with the S-line is losing the full leather option that comes with the Sport, but its a small detail. The more I look at the S-line the more I'm glad I made the switch. Not sure how the ride will turn out - the guys in the dealership reckoned it's actually not that bad judging by S-line models of A3, A4..etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats the trouble with ordering a car u can't drive, you never know quite what to expect :) but am hoping the ride isn't a complete bone shaker as I've ordered it with the 18" wheels (will probably wish I hadn't though, lol), it was a choice between this & the mini cooper s which was pretty solid, but this won so am hoping its no worse!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the A1. The Cooper S is a nice car but I couldn't live with the quirky interior and lack of a proper boot. The A1 may not be like a go-kart to drive but that wasn't what I was after. I far prefer the more polished, sophisticated feel like the bigger Audi's. and nothing else can touch the A1 on quality and kit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
:D Yay, got my build week at last- week 47, only scheduled though not confirmed, so with any luck it won't change & I'll get it this year & avoid that nasty ol' vat increase!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well done! Not too long to wait then. Sounds like I got pushed to the very back of the queue when I changed to S-line and go a wk 2 build even though I ordered in first week of July. Oh well, just have to keep reading my brochure :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
A1girl said:
Oops sorry Nicki I meant the 1st lot of pics & film clip not the stafford audi clip :) . Good choice jonb, I've gone for the s line as well but in daytona grey. I ordered mine on 9th Aug but they just changed the spec on one that they had already ordered in but I still don't have a build week, was hoping to avoid the vat increase but maybe thats wishful thinking now!!
Hi A1girl my build week is week 3 so i asked at audi stoke what the score would be with the VAT increase and he told me i wouldnt be affected by the increase as you should pay the VAT rate that was in at the time of order.
He also told me most dealers audi and other would try the best to pass the increase on the the customer however by law you should pay whatever VAT rate was in at the time order as that was the "deal" you signed up for.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts