Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if its possible to buy steel rims for the Audi A1 as I am going to be travelling later in December in Europe and need to put on winter tyres.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
The recommended steel wheels are

6Jx15 ET 29 (5x100mm).

Recommended Winter Tyres are:

185/60 R15 88H XL

A complete set from a local dealer in Munich would cost you 586.76 Euro, complete.

Alloy variant would be

6Jx16 ET 30 (5x100mm) with 195/50 R16 88H XL tyres

These are priced at 880 Euro, complete.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, so 15" wheels will fit ok on my S-Line when it comes?

Do you know the part number for the wheels?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anyone know if the A1 wheels are interchangeable with any other Audis, like the A2 or A3 for instance?
I ask, cos there are always loads of cheap Audi alloys on eBay, which would make good winter wheels.

EDIT ... just noticed you say they are 5x100 pcd. Are you sure? cos that is an older VW fitment, most modern Audis are 5 x112 if I recall correctly. A2, old model A3 and first series TT are 5x100 I think.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a set of 17" golf mk 5 gti monzas in anthercite/black,anyone know if they will fit my white s-line,and what about center caps? :?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
The A1 is definately 100mm pcd, so the GTi rims will not fit. The ET would be way out too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just bought a set of older Audi alloy wheels for a song on eBay. They are 6j x 15 "Pepperpot" style wheels from the Mk1 A3 range, which hopefully will fit OK as winter wheels. I already own a set of these which I use on my A2, and I like them a lot, simple design, light weight, covered wheel nuts and very easy to keep clean.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts