Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of getting a TDI sport, with 16 inch wheels and dynamic suspension - reason being that I want comfort rather than the ability to bomb around corners at top speed (which i guess i wont be able to do anyway with the diesel).

Is that a reasonable choice considering the model?

i'm a bit worried that all the pictures in the brochure and the choice of most owners on this site seem to be the 18 inch wheels, which look cool, would give an uncomfortable ride?

mant thanks Paul

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a sport with dynamic suspension and it is still on the firm side, as for the larger wheels I dont think they are suitable
for UK roads if you want a comfortable ride.I suspect the firm suspension and large wheels are responsible for a lot of the complaints about rattles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too have a sport with the dynamic suspension and agree with what Tim says.

These things are always very subjective but having driven a standard sport with 16 inch wheels, a standard sport with 17 inch wheels and an S line (185) with 18 inch wheels, I know I made a good choice (for me) as getting back into mine it felt like a limousine.

G

·
mee said:
i was thinking of getting a TDI sport, with 16 inch wheels and dynamic suspension - reason being that I want comfort rather than the ability to bomb around corners at top speed (which i guess i wont be able to do anyway with the diesel).

Is that a reasonable choice considering the model?

i'm a bit worried that all the pictures in the brochure and the choice of most owners on this site seem to be the 18 inch wheels, which look cool, would give an uncomfortable ride?

mant thanks Paul

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I like to think my ride quality is "communicative" :lol:

I guess it's all down to what you expect, had both an SE and Sport loaner and was glad to get mine back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts