Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on the M25 on Sunday evening when a McLaren came hurtling past me. Oh. My. Goodness. :eek:

Looked it up on the DVLA website and it's 3800cc according to them with no CO2 figure listed, so I'm assuming it's an import or a demo car that I've been lucky enough to spot on the road? :?

When I checked it out on google image search, it looked more like this:

Than this:

Have I spotted a McLaren F2?!?

·
Registered
219 Posts
A couple of years ago I saw a Bugatti Veyron with, I think, German plates on it, containing a middle aged couple. It was two tone red & sliver. Smart.

Apart from that I am quite happy if I see an S8!

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ditto - a veyron - but the most recent was an Audi R8 about 30 minutes ago - all black (body, wheels, windows - everything) - it had a 60'plate on it too - so its only a couple of weeks old or less. It was the V10 model too - £130K+ I'm guessing.

That McLaren could have been the new MP4-12C they are bringing out - but I guess if you have the money, then they will make you anything you want. Theres video's on their website of Jenson and Lewis designing theirs (thats if Jenson has sold his Veyron yet).

M.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Pagani Zonda has to be a candidate

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooooh, thats the one! Seemed strange that DVLA doesn't list a CO2 figure for it... also showing that RFL is £205 per year - which is the same as my lupo!

A friend of mine overtook a Veyron on an autobahn in Stuttgart - he's never been happier. Admittedly, it was raining and he was doing about 80mph and the Veyron was doing about 70mph at the time... :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I overtook an R8 on my Vespa last week. ;)

Some years back I remember being pretty excited about a Porsche modified Audi Avant, huge carrera alloys and the logo red calipers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Aha yes the lovely RS2! They still go for about £15K even with over 100,000 miles on the clock. What's the stat on those cars.... is it faster to 60 than a Maclaren F1?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
now that is nice

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ooh, quite like the rusty orange too, saw a new polo in that colour today. I wonder if the LED lights are only available on the S line? ;)
Googled the RS2 and how dated does it look now?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cobra.jpg

Sorry to break with convention folks... but for me there is no 'modern' car that can beat this for sheer beauty. I was fortunate enough to be able to touch this car... to sit in it... but alas not to drive it away! I'm not afraid to admit it made me drool! And for those that have no idea what this is (there may be a few I guess!) .. this is the drop-dead gorgeous AC Cobra 427 - 7 litre big block Ford V8 - which developed over 400bhp pre-tuned! You could literally count the revs at it ticked over... the ground vibrating under your feet... and the sound when you floor the throttle is something you can't describe!
I'd even sacrifice my A1 for this! Read it and weep!! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Steve2211 said:

Sorry to break with convention folks... but for me there is no 'modern' car that can beat this for sheer beauty. I was fortunate enough to be able to touch this car... to sit in it... but alas not to drive it away! I'm not afraid to admit it made me drool! And for those that have no idea what this is (there may be a few I guess!) .. this is the drop-dead gorgeous AC Cobra 427 - 7 litre big block Ford V8 - which developed over 400bhp pre-tuned! You could literally count the revs at it ticked over... the ground vibrating under your feet... and the sound when you floor the throttle is something you can't describe!
I'd even sacrifice my A1 for this! Read it and weep!! :cool:
I concur a total work of art

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^ :lol: No harm in dreaming ;)

I'm a fan of the classics rather than more modern cars, but that McLaren was just... stunning. Part of it was probably the fact I wasn't expecting to see anything like that on the motorway, but it really was something else!

That Ferrari is just a little bit special hilly! Modern Ferrari's just don't seem to have that same finesse that the older ones had. :|

A friends Dad had an AC Cobra but I never got to see it. Gutted really - apparently it was fully restored and cost him more than I paid for my house apparently!

Got a couple of older cars in my family - my Dad has a Stingray and my Uncle has a Lotus Cortina - but they're not even close to being in the same league as the cars posted in this thread! :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some of the rarest cars I've seen are below; videos from my YouTube channel that you can find here

Aston Martin One-77:

Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster:

McLaren Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss:

Koenigsegg CCXR Special One:

McLaren F1 GTR:

Gumballa Ferrari Enzo MIG-U1:

GTbyCitroen:

Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir:

I think I got a bit carried away with pasting links there! I don't really know what's rarest and that isn't anywhere near all of the special cars I've seen!

·
Registered
267 Posts
The best car i have ever seen has got to be my favourite car of all time, definatly not to everyones taste but a totally awesome car, not the fastest but the best in my opinion

1 - 17 of 17 Posts