Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having to fit new rubber to my TTS , I have driving like Miss Daisy for the last 4 weeks trying to preserve them until Sept. No chance might as well bite the bullet and enjoy what time I have left with her :( .

Just wondering what tyres your A1 has been supplied with ?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
out of interest how do they choose tyre suppliers? The wheels are fitted at the factory! Surely its easier to have one supplier for all?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi there, mine are the same as lloydy, 215/45/16 Continentals,A1 sport tfsi

·
Registered
679 Posts
Me Too!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
225/35/18 ContiSport Contact 3s on my s-line TDi

·
Registered
8 Posts
intlmouse said:
Are they meant to supply a set of all season tires? Are all these ones mentioned above all season?
I was in Ingolstadt about a month ago for the factory tour.
I noticed an A1 ready was ready to be collected (150 cars a day are collected in person from here and all types) and this was fitted with Dunlop SP4 all season tyres.
Wish I'd taken a photo now but were very chunky looking tyres I thought. :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like a there are a few different makes being fitted.

I have plumped for FOUR Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 245 x 40 x 18 for my TTS :eek:

Reviews your tyres here if you are interested :
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/

·
Registered
445 Posts
May sound daft but I have owned several new cars with different tyre brands,but the tyres are all made in Spain.I do wonder whether the original tyres are the same as replacements.I also find the originals dont seem to last as long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.