Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I've replaced my DRLs with X-TEC High Power LEDs. Love them.:D Looking for matching H1s, H7s and H11s now, LEDs as well, they looking 'naff' if the colours don't match. Would appreciate some help of any, tried on chat but I get distracted easy and I am pretty busy. :geek:

Interested in what everyone else got in theirs, if they match and their opinions on LEDs bulbs.

Help! :p

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Steven on here has and they are working fine for him. I am just waiting for my looms to arrive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
BigDeuce451 said:
Has anyone used those H7 LED's? I assume they're for your dipped beams right? I'm interested to get the headlights to match the LED's for my DRL's.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi all,

As Mojito mentioned above, i (Stephen) have used the resistors on ebay to replace the H11 standard 'yellowish' fog light bulbs with CREE Q5 H11 LEDs.

The CREE bulbs have a projector lens so they have the benefit of looking great and giving you almost useful foglights should you need to use them in anger. I understand that 'standard' LEDs do look good but they give no-where near the light output of a standard 55W halogen bulb should you need to use them effectively. Like me, most of us probably just want the 'look' rather than efficient fog lights - but the CREEs are a good compromise. Whatever you go for you ARE going to need resistors to prevent bulb error warnings.

The 50W Signal Resistors on ebay work very well, are cheap, seem well made and give no errors with my CREEs (5W). 50+5 = 55W!!! The benefit of these is no need to cut into the existing wiring and easily reversible back to standard if required. Downside? - they get very hot after about 3-4 mins so think very carefully where you mount resistors. There are metal supports for bumper close to fogs and i simply used 3M double sided tape to attach. As i primarily am going to use fogs for leaving/coming home feature rather than driving with fogs on, i dont think the resistor heat issue should be too much of problem.

For anyone who wants excellent quality, bright/blueish(4000k) Halogen bulbs and does not want to mess around with resistors, I have some PIAA Extreme White Plus H11's for sale on the Forum. Used these for a few weeks before opting for the CREEs.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
160 Posts
ic, that means even the fog light will have current loading detection......... too bad.
may be just change to white color halogen H11 bulb is more easy.... but interesting to know what will happen on using HID conversion kit. The HID kit will have higher start up current surge, but will lower down below standard 55W halogen bulb after start up. Any solution available to avoid warning light ON for HID kit?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigDeuce451 said:
Good find, Cheers. :) but I don't think these LED H7s and H1s are an option, they just aren't bright enough to use as Head Lights and Main Beams in the Dark. :( Maybe just Bright, Matching in Colour HID Kits will have to do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tom
Should have VCD cable this week & i live in Caerphilly maybe we can have a look at mods if you like :)
Yer, sounds good. :) Just I'm clueless when it comes to it, would definitely be up for some changes but I would be no help. :lol:

·
Registered
679 Posts
TomOwen21 said:
Tom
Should have VCD cable this week & i live in Caerphilly maybe we can have a look at mods if you like :)
Yer, sounds good. :) Just I'm clueless when it comes to it, would definitely be up for some changes but I would be no help. :lol:
Cable arrived so i have a little play with what Mojito has given me & then maybe if it works we can change a few things for you :D :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone,

Can I ask what LED's I would need for bright "white" lights? I didn't get Xenon but I want to replace whatever is in there when the car arrives on Sept 1st. I don't know where to start as there's so much abbreviation on here that it becomes confusing!
I would like to buy now so I can get them put in on delivery date.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mah006 said:
TomOwen21 said:
Tom
Cable arrived so i have a little play with what Mojito has given me & then maybe if it works we can change a few things for you :D :D
Sounds good, let me know when you've figured it out and we'll sort something. :)

Only really after DRL permenantly on and no dimming, the needle swoosh obviously. :cool: haha!
Is there a list on here of all available options? :p

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Sorry to be a Dumbass, which is the Best Bulb to go for my Fogs out of the Above (Want something which is Similar Colour to my Xenon Headlights with the LED DRL's). Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts