Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in seeing what the different dealers are doing for the launch weekend.

It looks like the Pool guys are putting on a good weekend, Stockport and from looking on line the M25 group.

I got a call from my dealer today saying my car was currently being built. No mention of any launch festivities.
Asked him what they were doing for the launch, told 'Nothing much just a low key affair and that two cars will be available'..No would you like a test drive!!!!! Had to ask for a test drive which I booked for Sunday.

This is my first Audi car, if I had not been looking at this forum over the last few weeks and seeing that a number of dealers are providing a good service I might never buy an Audi again. As it I just wont go back to my local dealer.
May drive the 300 hundred miles to Pool :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Aww, that doesn't sound too good.

I received a very smart invitation yesterday to my dealer's launch - although I'm sure the invitation is 'standard' to Audi dealers nationwide. The accompanying letter said they would have refreshments and Krispy Kreme doughnuts available and some sort of charity draw to win a new A1. Plus the chance to drive a demo of course. I am now booked in for a 9am visit.

I understand the launch party is by invite only and I suppose they may have limited the invites to those with a November delivery, but I am just guessing really.

My dealer hasn't been terribly forthcoming - I've had to phone and email to find out the progress on my car - I don't think he has ever called or emailed me of his own volition. In fact, whenever I ring him, he is not available and I have to leave a message, which he sometimes responds to. It makes me feel like I am being a bit of a nuisance :-( rather than a treasured customer. This is my first time as an Audi customer too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lady

If I didnt know I would say we had the same dealer!!!
Not very forthcoming with information and no invite. Gold embossed or not.

You may be correct as my car will not be available yet we have probably not got an invite.
Have fun with your krispy Kreams

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the standard invite to my local dealer, and text today confirming german beer, wine, cheese and ham, and driving simulator and prizes at the launch over the whole weekend. Despite scheduled arrival in April of my little TDi Sport will be heading along to taunt myself and wish I'd ordered earlier! :cry:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Also got an invite from my dealer,sharnt be able to get due to work.
im thinking of getting an a1 april/may time. was going to chat to them early next yr.im hearing people saying that theres are on order and due march-april 2011..should i think about contacting my dealer now ?
whats the average waiting time ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lake District Audi have 5 customer cars in the showroom under covers, they will have a showroom model tomorrow and 3 or 4 demo cars for testing over the weekend, they have arranged Andrew Southcote catering to do all the food and drinks and they intend a mass unveiling of customer cars with the press there at 10am after which the cars can be taken home, mine is one of them.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My dealer is giving me my A1 Sport in the morning (20 Nov). They'll have food too and all the hoopla, plus they're going to have a technician there to remove door dents. I have a small door dent on my A3 that will be removed free of charge. The technician is trained in Germany and will remove up to two dents for any car that needs it. You don't have to buy a car, just show up for the launch at Bury St. Edmunds Audi. It's the worlds best dent removal ever......because it's FREE!!! :eek: :D :p :shock: ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
well I have to say my dealer delivered. Whole experience was A1!! Car was covered and in an internal parking area. Guided through car whole thing was perfect. As for the car love it. Sport suspension wicked. Car drives perfectly. Quality excellent. Happy days!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.