Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :)

A question ive been meaning to ask for a while , Anyone recommend a good microfibre type cloth you use on your dashboard? Ive got a Kent microfibre ( pack from asda ) but it really sticks to the dashboard :( just want a cloth in the car to give a flick over the dashboard during the week.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yh its a funny surface that dash, as ive mentioned before I'm a firm autoglym user, i use the interior microfibre (green one) its great and really worth getting one. They are £3.27 each trade price from a seller called "cleanchem" and free postage.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks , does that green cloth flow over the dash ok without getting stuck ha ha

Used Autoglyms pre cleaner and HD Wax on my car this morning ( pics in gallery ) pretty happy with it :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
daytonasliner said:
Thanks , does that green cloth flow over the dash ok without getting stuck ha ha

Used Autoglyms pre cleaner and HD Wax on my car this morning ( pics in gallery ) pretty happy with it :)
Yh it flows over the dash pretty good, but its shifts the dust! Yh the HD wax is fantastic ive done mine a few weeks back, the water beads really well of it. Autoglym's Super Resin Polish is fantastic also, the Alloy wheel seal is good also

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can the Autoglym's Super Resin Polish be put on top of the HD wax ? how often do you have to use the alloy wheel seal?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here's the link btw http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOGLYM-TRADE-MI ... 2a0fc4cfa7, its gone up a little £3.49 + free P+P but its worth it, and you can re-wash it and re-use again and again. Its also the same type of microfibre as the exterior so if ur ever short of a finishing cloth for the exterior you can use the green one, then simply wash and re-use :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
daytonasliner said:
Can the Autoglym's Super Resin Polish be put on top of the HD wax ? how often do you have to use the alloy wheel seal?
I do believe so, its a non abrasive product so it won't damage the clear coat on the paintwork and like the HD wax its especially formulated to help preserve paintwork and help it shine!

The alloy wheel seal i use every 3 weeks, just spray onto a cloth and apply and the next time you clean your wheels, the brake dust flies off!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help , i like the idea of the brake dust flying off ( espy if you dont get to give the car a wash for acouple of weeks and the alloys get the dust build up.

·
Registered
179 Posts
daytonasliner said:
Thanks for your help , i like the idea of the brake dust flying off ( espy if you give the car a wash for acouple of weeks and the alloys get the dust build up.
Haha I know yh it does help keep those alloys looking tip top. One of my mates is an authorised Autoglym sales dealer so ive had to read up on all the details :lol:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good good

·
Registered
75 Posts
crosbydavid91 said:
daytonasliner said:
I do believe so, its a non abrasive product so it won't damage the clear coat on the paintwork and like the HD wax its especially formulated to help preserve paintwork and help it shine!

The alloy wheel seal i use every 3 weeks, just spray onto a cloth and apply and the next time you clean your wheels, the brake dust flies off!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i am by no means an expert but i Wouldn't use AG SRP on top of your Wax, you should apply before the Wax, it has filling propertys to mask imperfections in paint so applying on top of a wax wouldn't be very effective,
If it were me and it needed the SRP to reduce Swirls and RDS (Random Deep Scratches) i would say it is Best to Clean Car, remove the wax, prepare the paint - Detar and Clay if required, Apply SRP and then top with the HD Wax or Extra Gloss Protection.

·
Registered
68 Posts
daytonasliner said:
Hi all :)

A question ive been meaning to ask for a while , Anyone recommend a good microfibre type cloth you use on your dashboard? Ive got a Kent microfibre ( pack from asda ) but it really sticks to the dashboard :( just want a cloth in the car to give a flick over the dashboard during the week.
I use a pledge fluffy duster, works a treat! also great in air-vents etc. also have not noticed it sticking at all

·
Registered
179 Posts
lee3482 said:
i am by no means an expert but i Wouldn't use AG SRP on top of your Wax, you should apply before the Wax, it has filling propertys to mask imperfections in paint so applying on top of a wax wouldn't be very effective,
If it were me and it needed the SRP to reduce Swirls and RDS (Random Deep Scratches) i would say it is Best to Clean Car, remove the wax, prepare the paint - Detar and Clay if required, Apply SRP and then top with the HD Wax or Extra Gloss Protection.
i stand corrected here, EGP was the one you can put on top of your HD wax to help make it last longer not SRP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts