Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just completed waxing my A1 using Autoglym High Definition Wax. Not cheap at £40 but the results are superb and it has put a really deep shine on the paintwork as per these pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Robbie

That looks really fabulous. I did mine with Autoglym HD wax on Sunday and it is good, but doesn't have quite the same effect on my white paintwork.

I didn't pay £40 for it. I found it on Amazon for £24.94 (free shipping) from FastCarDirect and it arrived really quicky too). Its £44 in Halfords!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've got Dodo diamond White wax, very good for White cars. Not cheap but worth it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Lady_SadlyBroke said:
Hi Robbie

That looks really fabulous. I did mine with Autoglym HD wax on Sunday and it is good, but doesn't have quite the same effect on my white paintwork.

I didn't pay £40 for it. I found it on Amazon for £24.94 (free shipping) from FastCarDirect and it arrived really quicky too). Its £44 in Halfords!!!
awww thats a gd price then

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks good, shiraz and the contrast line looking really nice as well.

Did you buy the Autoglym paint and car protection from the dealer when you got the car?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all - Yup I paid £40 in Halfords but thank you for that info Lady Sadly Broke as I am now wiser but poorer!
Yes Bob I had the Life Shine from the dealer at half price but again this does not look like a good deal now as others negotiated this for free!!

I can also recommend Rim Wax for the wheels and exhaust trims, it really does make it easier to clean the wheels and keeps down the break dust and pleased to say that I did get this on line via Amazon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All, The car looks great, but on the subject of Waxing.... has anyone taken the autoglym £399 option done prior to collection of the car, and is it worth it. I am told that it is not just a protection waxing, but also an "insurance" policy, so if my car gets spoiled inside or out they will come and clean it.. is this the case?, anyone had to use the service?

Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Doveeey - Yes I had the Autoglym Life Shine but pad £200. I have had this on my last 3 cars and believe it is worth it, as my car is not garaged, but it is down to how you feel and I certainly would not accept £399. Mine was half price but many posts indicate that some got it for free to clinch the deal.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I bought the autoglym lifeshine kit on eBay for £16. Did it myself in 90 minutes and saved a packet. Obviously I don't get the insurance but if it's a good as it says I'll be fine. Several other members have done this too and really is easy peasy. In fact it opens your eyes to how much of a mark up ( should I say rip off) the dealers are making on it. I'm sorry but anyone paying £399 has been well and truly pickpocketed.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Couple of pics from the other morning, this is just the prep from the dealers, I'm sure it will get better after I've been over her with some Finish Kare FK1000P

·
Registered
126 Posts
triplefan said:
Couple of pics from the other morning, this is just the prep from the dealers, I'm sure it will get better after I've been over her with some Finish Kare FK1000P

Hi,

Nice car you have there. Can I ask what is Finish Kare FK1000P ????

Just curious as to why you need or want to do that as surely she looks great already?

Mark

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
mark33 said:
Hi, Can I ask what is Finish Kare FK1000P ????

Just curious as to why you need or want to do that as surely she looks great already?

Mark
It is a sealant as opposed to a wax, which basically means it is synthetic rather than something containing natural waxes.

It is relatively cheap to buy, economical to apply as thin coats are easiest to buff up.

I have always been pleased with the results, on the TT it really gives a "pop" to the flake in the paint.

Applications last 4-6 months

It won detailing world product of the year 2009

Here is a video of how well it sheets

·
Registered
70 Posts
looking good lovely car,how much is it and where can we buy it?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks great. Where can you buy it?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can you use it on alloys?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re. Autoglym Protection Packs.

Never ever ever pay full whack for them.

I mentioned in another thread that I used to work for a car manufacturer. We used to sell these products into dealers.

They're extremely cheap to purchase. Pack start at around £25. The Salesman gets around £75 - £100 in commission and the rest goes into the dealers profits. Its costs no more than a usual valet, so don't be sold on how difficult it is to apply. It isn't.

A lot of salesmen will throw one in for free if your push them a little, because they'll take a bit more out of the car and make it look like you're paying full price for the Autoglym... Then he gets his commission.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts