Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Silly question really. I bought AG HD wax for the car. On the instructions it says apply and wait 10-15 min then buff off. When I done it I was a bit weary so only done like a quarter of the car and waited 5-10min then took off.

Should I wax the full car then wait 10-15 min???

·
Registered
574 Posts
what you should do is wax one panel at a time this means do the roof apply polish then go onto anther panel (eg door)by the time youve done that roof should be ready to polish up and shine keep doing this till whole car is done then start all over again ,once thast done add sealer AG has sealer in its lifetime shine pack

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, will try that next, should i wax it twice in a row then? I will order the sealer now

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
duggie1982 said:
Hi

Silly question really. I bought AG HD wax for the car. On the instructions it says apply and wait 10-15 min then buff off. When I done it I was a bit weary so only done like a quarter of the car and waited 5-10min then took off.

I'd be interested to see what finish it gives.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
taconite2 said:
duggie1982 said:
Hi

I'd be interested to see what finish it gives.....
Shinny :lol:

It looked good but think i half arsed it so will try again with the AG HD wax since I have half a tub still.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It looked good but think i half arsed it so will try again with the AG HD wax since I have half a tub still
Did I understand that correctly? You bought a tub of AG HD for the A1 and have used it once and only have half a tub left?

Crikey - I've used my AG HD wax 4 times now and you still can't see any less in the tub than when I opened it !!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
My pics in my gallery were taken after I used the HD wax

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you are using a paint sealant put it on before you wax your car, carnauba wax has better properties for beading and repelling water.Depends on wax you use ofcourse.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lady_SadlyBroke said:
It looked good but think i half arsed it so will try again with the AG HD wax since I have half a tub still
Did I understand that correctly? You bought a tub of AG HD for the A1 and have used it once and only have half a tub left?

Crikey - I've used my AG HD wax 4 times now and you still can't see any less in the tub than when I opened it !!!!
I did think i was using too much :roll:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
haha its like £50 a pot!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
taconite2 said:
haha its like £50 a pot!
Thats why i was gutted while using it, thinking jesus!!! I think I need to look up the word sparingly lol

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
"Deficient or limited in quantity" :-D

·
Registered
12 Posts
wow you must have been applying it in clumps.

The key to applying wax is use as thin a layer as possible. I am sure AG HD wax comes with an applicator just use that and lightly rub it over the surface and then apply to the panel.

Just make sure the paint surface is properly prepared before waxing.

There are loads of websites with advice on clean/waxing and the sky is the limit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
langlord said:
wow you must have been applying it in clumps.

The key to applying wax is use as thin a layer as possible. I am sure AG HD wax comes with an applicator just use that and lightly rub it over the surface and then apply to the panel.

Just make sure the paint surface is properly prepared before waxing.

There are loads of websites with advice on clean/waxing and the sky is the limit.
Nice one, tryed using the AG pre wax but it went all white spots so stoped using and washed again.

Will now try using alot less now. Thanks

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Stuff looks good though...might be worth the £50 if I use it sparingly! Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts