Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent weeks on the configurator and at the Audi dealership....I still don't know what to get!

I'm definately wanting the 1.4TFSI 185 S-line, that gearbox is fantastic! I've test driven most of them and I can't wait till Saturday to drive the 185 version.

I was thinking along the lines of...
-Comfort pack
-Electronic Climate Control
-Xenon light package
-3-spoke leather Sports multi-function steering wheel with gear-shift paddles
-Connectivity package
-Central front armrest
-Door mirrors - heated and folding

I was thinking of keeping the 17s, possibly 'Heated seats' and the upgraded Audio system....which one? I don't know!

I'm thinking of keeping the car one colour...perhaps Shiraz red, Scuba blue or Ice Silver? I've never been good with colours.

I'm only 20...anyone with experience fancy helping out? :p

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Fezz said:
I've spent weeks on the configurator and at the Audi dealership....I still don't know what to get!

I'm definately wanting the 1.4TFSI 185 S-line, that gearbox is fantastic! I've test driven most of them and I can't wait till Saturday to drive the 185 version.

I was thinking along the lines of...
-Comfort pack
-Electronic Climate Control
-Xenon light package
-3-spoke leather Sports multi-function steering wheel with gear-shift paddles
-Connectivity package
-Central front armrest
-Door mirrors - heated and folding

I was thinking of keeping the 17s, possibly 'Heated seats' and the upgraded Audio system....which one? I don't know!

I'm thinking of keeping the car one colour...perhaps Shiraz red, Scuba blue or Ice Silver? I've never been good with colours.

I'm only 20...anyone with experience fancy helping out? :p
Hey there,

Here is my opinion.

-Comfort pack - NO
-Electronic Climate Control - YES
-Xenon light package - YES
-3-spoke leather Sports multi-function steering wheel with gear-shift paddles - YES
-Connectivity package - NO
-Central front armrest - NO (cant retrofit after if really needed)
-Door mirrors - heated and folding - YES

18" TWIN 7'S, HEATED SEATS, AUDI AUDIO UPGRADE - YES

ONE COLOUR, SCUBA BLUE, DAYTONA GREY, GLACIER WHITE

SO:
185 1.4 TFSI S-Line
Twin 7'S
Heated Seats
Heated Mirrors
Audio Upgrade
Xenon Plus
Climate
Paddles

I hope that helps

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does! I was thinking white but my girlfriend thinks I already look gay in my white fiesta :D
I was wondering about the 18's they look great but I don't know if the ride would be more harsh?

Aha, I was looking at your car earlier on today and I thought it looked fantastic.

Decisions..Decisions....

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
It was the Fiesta that looked that way, not the colour! Haha ;)

To be honest, you wont notice much difference from 17-18 imo... I have 17's on my current A1 and they look too small on the S-Line due to the extra side skirts and bumpers!

Go 18" for sure!

My next fav colour is Daytona Grey Pearl... Looks stunning!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the fiesta had it's day, It was just after I bought my one everyone started buying the white zetec-s and titaniums(what I had). I can't wait to get rid of it!

I have my own detailing company and one of my regulars has a daytona grey TT and a glacier white S5 sportback. The grey has fantastic flake pop to it!

See my problem is that these colours are so popular now...it's an expensive car...I want it to stand out!
Mind you, that may be down to the fact I like to pose now and again...I don't see why not!? If we didn't...we'd go buy the polo or fabia :p

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
If you want to stand out, its got to be Glacier with gangsta windows, haha!

Daytona does look really cool on the A1 though, the best suited colour imo.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I specced up a similar Polo TDI and it was only £400 cheaper than my current A1 TDI S-Line :eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really? I've always thought the Polo is a bit....watery. Just has nothing really great about it!

It's either I go down the in your face white/18s/tinted windows or the conservative choice....don't know what that is yet!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Can i tempt you with Metallic Brown? Looks nice imo and a very rare A1 colour!

Theres only one or two on this forum, i think some people are too scared to go for that colour. Resale may take a hit though :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't think i'll be forgiven if I chose the brown! I seen the Shriaz in the skin and I think it's a lovely purple/red colour...it looks too burgendy on the configurator.
I've got to order it in the next week or so....and so far no family member/friend as been any help!
Everyone likes different colours. It's not a cheap car....I want to get it right!
Biggest disappointment is the Misano Red! It's really not that attractive in the sunlight!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Ive seen most colours... Shiraz is a nice and deep colour! Plenty of metallic pop, but gives me the impression of a pensioners colour, haha.

Although the one i saw was a SE standard spec. May look awesome with all the bling.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know, that was my concern as well! It's really sensitive to what colour and spec you pick.
You could have an absolute mad day and spec lots and then cry at how much it's going to cost.... :p
I thought the Mini was bad but I know exactly how i'd want one of those if I was choosing it. With the A1, it feel more important to get it perfect!
How about you? Did you find it relatively easy? How did you go about getting yours?(if you don't mind me asking :p)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
With the pearl colours you only get the full effect in sunlight, so the trade off is an average look on an average day :lol:

Colours are a very personal choice, the free solid colours are very common for obvious reasons, then the metallics and pearls, with Teak probably the least popular. So the choice is a well accepted colour that is more common, or be a bit individual but it will have less appeal at disposal time. Another consideration is interior trim colour and how it contrasts or compliments the exterior.

My personal favourite would be Scuba with cream leather, and I second Mojito's 18" twin 7s recommendation.

The rest is up to you, I made a list of "must haves" and a second list of likes, set a maximum budget and stayed within that by allowing for some retro fit options over a period of time :D

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

For a similar thread have a look here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3951

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine is Scuba blue, and I think it looks fantastic particularly in sunlight. It would not have been my choice of colour (bought a car from stock) but I love it now and would certainly consider it again in the future. I know some people say it is like a standard Audi blue, and I suppose it is, but you don't seem to see many A1s in this colour. Most of the ones I have seen have been white, well over 50%.

·
Registered
921 Posts
For what its worth:
Ditch the Connectivity Pack unless you really want the option of adding SD Card based Sat Nav
Keep the arm rest - really good when you have the S-tronic box and it gives a little bit of extra storage. Yes, you could add it later but at greater cost.
Heated wing mirrors are a must
Climate controls look much better than the standard aircon
I'd stick with the Comfort Pack too.
As to colour, its very personal. The only no-no in my view is Ice Silver - the car looks nothing in that colour. Trouble is the really good colours have become very popular ( Daytona, Scuba, White) but for something unusual you could try Sphere or Cumulus Blue with privacy glass and maybe one of the darker wheels though they would be costly on S-Line as you have to add them as an accessory - you may think it a bit girlie though. Must admit I prefer the stronger colours - hence I have Daytona and Scuba was my second choice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sphere Blue's a good colour, especially as it changes from blue to grey according to the light. But then again I might be biased ......

·
Registered
15 Posts
If money isn't a problem for you, go with an exclusive colour like orange (with daytona contrast) or lamborghini green.

As for the wheels I recommend 18'' titan rotor design or polygon design. (also keep in mind that for winter you'll have to buy a set of 17'' wheels - mandatory for the 185 version).

p.s: Spheren blue is a very good colour and it goes great with the black polygon wheels.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm still no closer to choosing a colour...
I was wondering if anyone knew what this media package or this connectivity package is?
The salesman didn't explain it really well, all I need is somewhere to plug the ipod in(including the USB port as I have this in my fiesta) and bluetooth for my phone....What do I get!?

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
You get Bluetooth, socket to plug your iPod and the pre-fitting for the navigation system.

You should get the connectivity pack only if you want to add the navigation later, because you can stream music from your phone via bluetooth or you can put an SD card. If you want to use your iPod for music (assuming you don't have an iPhone), then you should get the connectivity pack and you'll need the adapter wich is sold separately.

I forgot to put link on my previous post for the orange colour :d

Here: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/paris-20 ... i-a1-tfsi/ what do you think?

Edit: In this link you can see the rotor wheels and the polygon wheels are at page 19 in the brochure above.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts