Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made any arrangement for a factory tour at Audi Brussels where the A1 is produced.

I have been on a couple at the Audi Ingolstadt plant and found them fascinating and I shall be passing through Brussels in September on my way to a holiday in Germany to take in the the Garden Festival in Koblenz and the German Motor Show in Frankfurt.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
There's nothing official on the Audi website.

I'd just ring the factory direct they might do a local tour (hope you can speak French hehe)

If that fails just say you are a potential supplier of parts and require a factory tour before doing a deal hehe

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to a chap at Audi UK today and he was not sure if the Brussels plant did factory tours but he was going to investigate and come back to me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it seems it is possible to have a factory tour of the Brussels plant. The are normally in French, Dutch or German but arrangements can be made for a tour with an English speaking guide. Normally these are in the afternoons which suits me just fine.

I shall be on holiday in the Mosel area and will be passing through Brussels around lunchtime on my way home so I can arrange a visit and catch a early evening shuttle back across the channel.

If any one is interested the chap to contact is Stewart Miller email: [email protected] mobile: 07785 372 507 who can make the necessary arrangement with Brussels.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Brill I need to get myself to Belgium then! How do you book the tour? Can you find out some details when you are there?

Take some pics :D

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Im going to look into this too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
taconite2 said:
Brill I need to get myself to Belgium then! How do you book the tour? Can you find out some details when you are there?

Take some pics :D
As I said in my earlier post, the chap you need to contact is Stewart Miller email: [email protected] mobile: 07785 372 507 who can make the necessary arrangement with Brussels.

I doubt if Audi will allow any photos to be taken inside the factory itself. I know that if you go on a tour of the Ingolstadt plant you have to leave any cameras or mobile phones with reception before going into the factory itself.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
who is this guy and whats his connection to Audi?

Strange I was allowed to take my phone with my but was told not to take any pics in the assembly hall. Everywhere esle was ok.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
taconite2 said:
who is this guy and whats his connection to Audi?

Strange I was allowed to take my phone with my but was told not to take any pics in the assembly hall. Everywhere esle was ok.
I think he works for Audi and VW but not necessarily based in the offices at Milton Keynes. His role is to arrange factory visits on behalf of both companies. Some years OK I had dealings with a lady who did the same thing and she was basically self-employed but did the work for Audi.

Stewart did say he was taking a party to a VW plant later this week and was also in the process of arranging to take some customers to the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.

Obviously the policy on cameras and phones can change, probably depending on what is going on in the factory at the time and what might be available to see. My last factory tour of Ingolstad was just after the introduction of the face-lifted A3.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Fair enough, doesn't seem to be alot of this guys company online!

he sounds like a consultant of some sort, I wonder if he has connections at Bentley? Crewe is near enough to arrange a visit for me :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts