Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find this annoying or is it just my A1 that does this.

Why does the Radio station I listen to on the way home ramdonly changes channel sometimes when I get back in the car in the morning, this also happens when I could be listening to the media, I switch back to the radio and it will be on a different channel.
And also if I pick the show text option in functions menu it turns it self off, when you switch off the car and turn it back on you have to choose the text option again, it's very annoying. I would expect it to stay chosen.

Can this option be permently selected

I hope I have explained this okay

·
Registered
921 Posts
Are you in a poor reception area? That could provide an answer to the station change. Mine stays on the same station when I turn off the ignition or switch from media etc.

The text option is a per journey thing as far as I can make out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
On point 1, I think it's just yours tbh.. My radio stays tuned to the same channel. However I think I'd agree about the station text, you have to go back into the functions menu to get that to come up again, same as you do on media to get to the 'mix' option.
The latter doesn't bother me, but if I got in to a different station everytime I might find it annoying.. Maybe set it to a totally different station and see if it still happens in case it is a poor reception problem as suggested above.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine has done this on occasions, I normally listen to Radio 1, and when I come back to the car it will be on a different BBC station. I would have thought the reception for Radio 1 is good enough not to drop out!?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine does this as well. It is to do with the strength of the signal apparently. And yes it is annoying !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine does this too. Does seem to be when the signal strength is poor.

I have also had a couple of occasions where I have switched from SD card to radio and the SD card has kept playing. The screen changes to radio, but the music is still from the card. I have only noticed it happen when I first get into the car, and it seems to be after I get the Audi multimedia start up screen, which again sometimes comes up when I start the car and sometimes does not (goes straight to the media or radio or what ever was selected last).

·
Registered
115 Posts
scalawag said:
I have also had a couple of occasions where I have switched from SD card to radio and the SD card has kept playing. The screen changes to radio, but the music is still from the card. I have only noticed it happen when I first get into the car, and it seems to be after I get the Audi multimedia start up screen, which again sometimes comes up when I start the car and sometimes does not (goes straight to the media or radio or what ever was selected last).
For your information, there is going to be a software update available to sort this issue. But wont be available until week 33.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cheers, I'll keep an eye out for that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KJP84 said:
scalawag said:
For your information, there is going to be a software update available to sort this issue. But wont be available until week 33.
Will Audi contact us when this is available

·
Registered
115 Posts
I dont think its going to be a campaign type recall like the engine updates people are having. But I will post here when I know its available as I will update mine

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks KJP84, much appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi any news on this yet?

·
Registered
45 Posts
may i ask, when you get in the car and want to listen to the radio, how many button clicks/knob turns do you have to do to turn on to your usual station? on my current car, it's a one button press, i'm hoping the A1 can do the same.

secondly, can you set up the system so that the satnav automatically comes on and displays a map of your current position, every time you start up, without requiring any further button clicks.

in other words...

one button press for radio
no action needed for satnav map to appear

many thanks paul

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, press radio for radio and nav for nav, or if you want a different button then press the speech button and say "radio" or "nav". I've not known any car to be like the crystal maze to turn the radio on!

Although whatever you had on previously should come up, so if he radio was on and the map was up, then that's what you'll get

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ok so they have released the update for the MMI, however the update CD is backordered - (we have one on order).

I will be updating mine when the CD comes in.

The update is to update the software version. So if you have SW0530 or lower then it can be updated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks KJP84.

I'll get on to the dealer and see if I can get this done now.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Our disc will be here end of next week so fingers crossed it will be done by next weekend

Also the disc part number is 8X0 906 961 A just in case they have no idea about what you are talking about

·
Registered
67 Posts
Picked my A1 up a couple of days again and I can't eject the CD I loaded !
Everything else appears fine SD , Bluetooth etc
I'm not in a hurry to get it sorted as I use an SD card, its a small problem and I am waiting to see if anything else appears
wrong before I contact the dealer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts