Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As someone thinking about an A1, there appear to be loads of newish low mileage cars of all specs at Audi dealers. I can only put this down to (relatively) high pricing - I am sure a lot of people would like an A1 but find them too expensive.
Wonder if this will cause values to soften a bit over time?

·
Registered
393 Posts
tallguy said:
As someone thinking about an A1, there appear to be loads of newish low mileage cars of all specs at Audi dealers. I can only put this down to (relatively) high pricing - I am sure a lot of people would like an A1 but find them too expensive.
Was going for a second, then done my sums,It,s better to get a new one :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I paid nearly 19k for my sport in June and theyve got them on the forecourt now,today at 15-16k,delivery mileage one had only done 52miles.Yes they hadnt got the spec of mine,privacy,drls etc but still cheap.Ive done 800miles in mine and its only worth 16-17k at the most so ive lost 3k in 3months

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got an ex-demonstrator (700 miles) 185 for 19.5k, no options other that Scuba blue. But I did get a 5 year service plan plus a few other sweeteners. Just driven it down to Croatia, partner loves it, especially the lights in the footwells.

·
Registered
445 Posts
That is the problem with extras,its an expensive way to buy a car even more so when the extras are overpriced.I do wonder how well the A1 is really selling I have seen a lot more similar cars such as the countryman on the road.Plus I have just been to northern Italy and only saw 2 but most of the other cars were other Audis,Beemers and a fair few minis.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
You can have mine in 10 months with 30k on the clock :-D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The A1 is a great car but bearing in mind it has the same underpinnings as the Fabia and Polo I do think Audi UK have been a bit optimistic with their pricing structure particularly in the current economic climate. It is not principally a business user car so Audi have to rely on the private sector for the majority of sales and I suspect dealers may be struggling to move them (hence the numbers of demonstrator/pre-registered cars for sale).

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I advertised my A1 privately to get a few hundred more than dealer trade in and i have had one interest at lower than px price and one scammer.

Ebay offers were £3750 and £5000 by some joker! Haha.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine was the showroom model priced at £22'000, they put it on the forecourt as soon as it was 6 months old for £18'000, it was there for about 3 days I bought it but managed to get them down to £16'300, so I was very chuffed, and the only miles on it was me doing the test drive, nt bad if I do say so myself, mind you would have been nice to have the better lights, I also got 2 years free servicing

·
Registered
354 Posts
tallguy said:
Audi will try there hardest to keep prices high for the A1 as it will affect the whole brand to have a moel that loses to much value.

The comment on the A1 being too expensive is true, but its a premium car and as such it should cost more, its only if you value the little extras that its worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, the A1 is a premium small car. However this does not mean that 'the bubble will never burst'; some years back I sold an original style Audi TT which was certainly a premium car just before used values of TTs took a nosedive.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Same, i bought a new TT back in 2002... Used it for 9 months and only lost £1000. I sold it to a dealer, so they would have probably sold it for the new price as there was a 6 month waiting list at that time. Shortly after, prices dived as soon as waiting lists dropped.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's important to remember that it's not just the price tag that makes it worth while. For example I bought a new £32k TT 8 months ago, but seeing as I've now changed jobs I thought it a bit extravagant for a 20 mile round trip per day. Cut a very long story short (incolving new Alfa Romeo's and lots of breaking down) and I got my A1 185. It was £25K, which is a hell of a lot for a very small car, but the performance is on par with the TT (lil' help from TMC) and I'm still saving £300 a month when finance, servicing, tyres, pads, insurance etc is taken into account. No other car out there offered the correct mixture of quality, residual value, ownership costs and performance at the time. Believe me, I drove them all, lol.

Sold the TT privately and lost 3k, so in 10 months I've broken even.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You did well with the TT. Perhaps I am getting a bit cynical but I would take some persuading to spend over £20k on an A1. The A1 is a supermini albeit one of the best but I don't think any car in this class is worth over £20k.
Probably the best value is something like a 1.4 TFSI Sport with a few sensible extras.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
tallguy said:
You did well with the TT. Perhaps I am getting a bit cynical but I would take some persuading to spend over £20k on an A1. The A1 is a supermini albeit one of the best but I don't think any car in this class is worth over £20k.
Probably the best value is something like a 1.4 TFSI Sport with a few sensible extras.
True Dat! ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Second hand a1 in cash would be a good idea but if your financing your almost better taking new as Audi are holding high residuals with good monthly payments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts