Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have the centre armrest and recently I have been in a friends BMW 1 series. In his armrest he has a USB port for charging.

Is there anyway to fit one into the armrest?

It looks a lot nicer just to have an iPhone cable coming out of the armrest from a USB port rather than having a cigarette lighter usb converter then the cable coming from that - just makes it all look messy.

Is retro fitting a USB port possible and has anyone done it/has a guide!?

Thanks guys x

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hi

Welcome.

As you have the connectivity pack there is a plug in the glove box to connect and charge your iPhone. You will also have the cable as this is included in the pack.

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Graham55 said:
Hi

Welcome.

As you have the connectivity pack there is a plug in the glove box to connect and charge your iPhone. You will also have the cable as this is included in the pack.
Further to this. If interested only in charging (and not AMI integration), you can route a USB extension cable through the tunnel from the glovebox to the armrest.

I've been looking for a lightning extension cable to do this for my iPhone 5 and maintain AMI functionality as well (if you plug into the AMI-USB adaptor with your genuine Apple cable it charges only, which is totally stupid! You have to use the AMI-Lightning adaptor with its 3 inch length for it to work, idea being your phone lives in the glovebox which I cannot do as I use Spotify for music so the MMI cannot pick my artist/album).

Hope that all made sense!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.