Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was Just wondering, seeing as the tyre pressure monitor seems to be drag detection rather then sensors, any idea if this feature can be added with VCDS?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
You would need the switch, then reprogram the ECU with VCDS, if its possible.

As you say, it uses the drag method through the ABS sensors.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yikes guess it kinda rules that out lol!

Looks like i'll be ordering my car tomorrow (didnt have the spec i was looking for) - I guess i'll add it on :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess it would be similar to our golf which i am in the process of doing.
If it is then like the golf/A3 you only need the button to reset it, you can still enable it via VCDS and it will work justfine, BUT when it triggers to say you have a flat tyre you would have to reset it using VCDS as you won't have a button. Its better than nothing though. :)
Golf retrofit link http://www.mk6golfgti.co.uk/forum/index ... 123.0.html
Golf VCDS programming without button link http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f112/ho ... 50164.html

·
Registered
307 Posts
Despite changing my options 3 times, I still failed to spec the tpm - I put it on and then took it off because I heard that it was part of MOT and as someone who keeps a car a long time I wanted to simplify my life. I now realise that it is a simple software system so I regret not speccing it. (I was a bit hypersensitive because my present car is likely to fail its next MOT because of an airbag light - the car itself runs very well.)

Has anyone any experience of getting this retrofitted by a dealer, and if so how much it cost? I know it can be done via VCDS but then it has to be reset the same way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.