Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the weather was nice nice today I thought I would have a potter around and play with the car, using the excuse of removing the wheels to give them a "proper" clean I thought it would be an ideal time to check out what are the ideal size spacers for the 7.5 x 18 ET 39.5 wheels. Having a pair of 10s and 15s they looked a pretty good starting point, and I was pleased to find that as expected the centre bore is indeed 57.1

One thing of note is that the spacers are hubcentric, and the rear hub has an unusually deep shoulder, so much so that the spacers stops about 2mm short of the face of the rear hub. I'm not sure how strong the spacer would be if this was to be machined off, it might need the hub machining or settle for non hubcentric spacers. So as seen below is really with a 17mm spacer :lol:

Some before and after shots

And looking down from above

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Looks alot better mate... What make spacers did you go for? I'm thinking about 20mm front and rear H&R's

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mojito said:
Looks alot better mate... What make spacers did you go for? I'm thinking about 20mm front and rear H&R's
Depends what width, offset and stretch you are going for, but 20s on the front with a standard size wheel will need a very narrow tyre

This is with 10mm

The fronts are AMD and rears are non branded, but at the mo while the hubs are still nice and shiny, the AMD are natural aluminium and look really good, the rears are anodised black, so may have to paint the hubs black to match :roll:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
The car will have the Audi Rotors on, so same size/offset/tyres as on yours.

A few people on the German A1 forum have fitted 20mm on 18's. I'm thinking of going for -35mm H&R springs too.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Any side shots of the car? I bet it looks a bit more aggressive now hey?

·
Registered
207 Posts
nice, much better, has it been lowered at all can't tell form the images..

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mojito said:
Any side shots of the car? I bet it looks a bit more aggressive now hey?
Dynamo said:
nice, much better, has it been lowered at all can't tell form the images..
It was only a trial fit, but it definitely needs lowering if fitting spacers

Hence no side on shots :oops:

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Haha, i think ill do the -35 H&R's first then! £127

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mojito said:
Haha, i think ill do the -35 H&R's first then! £127
Link please :D

Maybe a group buy?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I will email them and put a group buy post up... Hopefully we can get them for about £115 each or less delivered! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts