Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
:lol:

It always amuses me when you see an advert on TV for a car & it shows a really nice sporty spec'd up model and then says "From £X" and in really small print at the bottom of the screen it says that the model pictured is about twice the price!

I've never bought a car brand new before so when I do get to finally order my A1, I'll have to be on my best behaviour to not end up with every option under the sun on it!

(Especially when I know how it can impact on the resale / rarity value in the future - eg Lupo GTI's with factory leather are like rocking horse poop because so few people were willing to pay the extra £££ for it as an option originally)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the manufacturers seem to be expanding their options lists to include things you often used to get as standard. It's quite cheeky when they don't really take any of that into account on their PCP residuals etc.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Except for japanese cars - there you usually get all the toys thrown into a specific set of fixed build levels - e.g. t2, t3, t4 on toyotas - and only get a choice of metellic paint and maybe one alloy choice - honda, mazda and subaru are all largely the same IIRC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts