Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just been for a test drive in a white A1 1.4TFSI S-Line.

Very nice car and better than i expected. I am in two minds as to lease for 3 years or place a deposit of 6k and buy On finance, so it does not eat into our house deposit too much.

The other thing is im still not sure on a petrol or Diesel. They didnt have a diesel in for me to test drive but from various reviews, they rate the petrol a better drive.

Now, i am thinking if i buy i would want to spec a car that will hold its value well and be easy to sell in a few years.

I was thinking of the following spec:

TDI S-Line
White
LED/Xenons
Bose
5 year Service pack
And possibly OpenSky (Not sure)

I mainly drive very short distances, so low mileage of around 6k per year so the petrol would be a better option, but im sure the TDI would hold its value better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
sounds like a good spec to me matey, would be nearly the same car as i have, i love petrols but diesel all the way for me from now on mate i like the torque you get from the turbo while your pottering around town, diesel is a bit dead if you start flogging it on the motorway or such like, but to be honest once you learn how to stay in the turbo its fantastic and the mpg are great too

good luck mate

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds like a good spec to go for, i wouldn't bother with the panoramic roof personally as apparenty it doesn't open very much plus it is quite costly, save the cash and buy something else instead that will appeal to more people at Resale, maybe Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors seem to be a regret of quite a few people that haven't spec'd them.
Lots of pics in peoples gallerys on here so you can have a look at what different options look like.
I have a White S Line TDI and love it, there is another thread on here about Petrol VS Diesel and with the Diesel only costing £650 more IMO you can't go far wrong having it over the petrol providing you aren't an all out petrol head.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good spec the Panoramic Roof is good, and I would add Heated Mirrors also as these are not standard (as I have found out)

[album]284[/album]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Connectivity package, especially if your getting the bose (Im guessing the Bose doesnt include additional connection options). I only plan to get the audi sound system upgrade, the price and additional lost space isnt worth it for me.

Heated mirrors (annoyingly with the not so useful folding morris option as well increasing the cost).

Climate Control, seems worth it for the auto lights and wipers thrown in to the package.

But I dont know if any of these items will help keep the value up on resale, and I dont even have my car ordered yet.

Happy shopping

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

I would like to stream music from my iPhone4 too, so do i need the connectivity pack?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think i am going to order or find the following spec:

TDI S-Line
White
LED/Xenons
Bose
Heated Seats
5 year Service plan

I am still not sure about adding a few more extras, but we can easily get carried away! ;)

18" Wheels
OpenSky
Heated Mirrors
Climate

What option would i need to connect my iPhone to stream music?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did quite a bit of phoning around trying to find a car , from the notes I have here I think Audi in Oxford had vitally the car you have spec'd in stock. They had ;
Tdi sline
White
Xenons
Bose
18" wheels
Service pack

I think you need to add connectivity pack for iPhone music streaming but do you really need it when you have the sd card option ?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Stitcher.... iPhone streaming is not important tbh.

Was that a brand new vehicle? Can you remember the price?

Cheers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes was brand new unregistered stock car , I haven't written down the price but it must have been a shade under £20k . Not many discounts about but most dealers appear to be throwing in the service pack as a sweetener . Also a similar car at Ayr Audi , Edinburgh dealer offered me this one as they are part of the same lomond group , it was selling at £20600 and the salesman knocked off £600 without even asking for a discount as it was a showroom car so there are deals to be had.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excellent! I will phone them in the morning

Many thanks! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
You don't need to add any extras to be able to play music from your iPhone 4 via Bluetooth. Works really well or you can just drag & drop your music on PC or mac onto an SD Card and use that as your music source. Allows you to play albums, shuffle songs, even create playlists on the SD Card.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome! Thats all i needed to be able to do mmdrew!

Is it possible to pair mine and my wifes iPhone to the cars bluetooth? Will both phones connect if we are both in the car?

·
Registered
60 Posts
No, you can only pair one at a time. If you both get in the car at the same time with both phones, Bluetooth on, the car will connect automatically to the phone that it was last paired with. I have an iPhone 4 and a Blackberry for work, which is why I've put all my music on an SD card so I can Bluetooth my work phone AND listen to my music. Have you got long to wait for your shiny new A1?

·
Registered
60 Posts
PS. Whilst you can only connect to one phone at a time, you can of course pair more than one phone to connect automatically, just not actually be connected with more than one at any one time. Confused?! :^#

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ahhh, cool. Thanks for the info.

I havent ordered a factory one, i am sourcing a stock vehicle or cancelled order. I think there is one at Oxford Audi and Ayr Audi.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok found a car, although it is more than i wanted to spend really.

I wonder if you guys could check out the spec and deal for me?

Audi A1 1.6 TDI S-Line - brand new 11 plate
Amalfi White
18" Alloys
MMI nav plus with MMI touch
S line exterior package (Free of charge)
Xenon plus headlights
Interior light pack
Comfort Pack
S line sports package
Acoustic parking system - rear
Bose
5 year service pack

£21,400

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·