Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just been declined a quote from Direct Line for mentioning I was considering fitting the tuning box. Just wondered if any of you out there that have fitted it could point me in the right direction for companies that will quote and hopefully save me a few hours trawling through web sites. Many thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
ollie - I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking......what's your age? I'm wondering if that had anything to do with the insurance decline. :?:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not my age, I'm 36!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
im with elephant.com and im 21 with 2 years ncb and have told them that i am getting a remap off revo and its in the 11%-25% zone for a remap and it cost me fully comp £900 a year and that the 185 model (soon to be 225bhp fingers crossed) :)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I will hopefully be offering professional remaps for the A1 TFSI and TDI in the next few months... Details to follow soon ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
I am really keen to get a TMC box....

Whats the average % increase on peoples premiums whos had one fitted?? just curious as it could be the game killer for me :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ollie there is a company who advertises on the Abarth forum, they are called Adrian Flux insurance, a broker I think and they insure alot of the tuned Abarth cars. Admiral are also supposed to be very good. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
'Abbey' and 'Lexham' are both brokers and have always been pretty good for me

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm with admiral and 21 with 4 years no claims. Insurance is just under 800 with TMC box :) just waiting to get the box now haha

·
Registered
47 Posts
TMC said:
Ollie there is a company who advertises on the Abarth forum, they are called Adrian Flux insurance, a broker I think and they insure alot of the tuned Abarth cars. Admiral are also supposed to be very good. Hope this helps.
AF have always been v expensive for me. I'm with Admiral and ive got a TMC on my 185 and it cost me £50pa. Im 31 with a naughty past. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts