Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone tested the TMC box on the diesel? I really want one but not until I see a review recommending it. Don't want to harm my lovely new car.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
The TMC box wont harm your car, it works within the limits of the engine :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if anyone has bought one yet for the diesel? Would love to hear if it is a big improvement on acceleration and what impact it has on economy.? Remind me, what's the discounted cost for forum members?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
you email them directly for a price. they also offer a 30 day money back deal! Its easy to install!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Maybe I should be the guinea pig for the forum?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
maybe :) get in touch with Dron at TMC!

·
Registered
10 Posts
How does the TMC box affect the vehicle warranty?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
It doesn't, as it just plugs in, no physical alteration to any part of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would be interested in the TMC system for my TDI, but would also like to see a review first.

TMC - Do you want to sponsor a TDI owner, in return for a detailed review?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TMC.....as a longtime forum member who started this post I volunteer to be a sponsor and will give a detailed fair, honest review, and answer any questions asked.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If someone would like to do a review,buy a box from TMC,test it,and if your not happy with the results,return it for your money back ,I bet you wont ? :cool:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
So what are we betting here, that they won't buy, or won't return it ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interested now.... How much are we betting?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by 'sponsor' , I get asked almost ever day for free units and I just can't do that as the cost of these is a few hundred pounds. As some people have kindly posted there is a 30 day risk free money back guarantee with every box, quite simply if you are not impressed just return it for a refund. I would hope that someone would be good enough to write a review anyway. I haven't sold any diesel kits here yet but have sold many around the world. There are even some dealers in UK who use our kits on their demo cars because its easier to swap them over every 3 months when new demos come on than have a remap removed and pay again to have it re-done on the next car.

The 1.6 TDi kit is a bit more awkward to fit than the 1.4 TSi as the plugs are a little more awkward to access but by no means impossible, should take around 30 mins to install. You must do the installation when the engine is cold though or you'll likely burn your hands. If anyone wants to see the installation guide please email me directly to [email protected] and i'll email you back a copy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
In fact I'm at Deeside in North Wales on Saturday 2nd April do a dyno day for Abarth owners, if someone lives nearby you are welcome to come over and i'll connect the unit for you to try out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TMC ..will the dealer see any evidence of it when it goes in for a service if it is 'disconnected'. Maybe some wires on show? Also remind me, what is the discounted price for forum members? Many thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
3noisynippersandacat said:
TMC ..will the dealer see any evidence of it when it goes in for a service if it is 'disconnected'. Maybe some wires on show? Also remind me, what is the discounted price for forum members? Many thanks.
If you completely remove the box and wiring the car will be totally original again. The plugs we use are original Bosch so fit exactly to the car. I don't like putting prices up on the forum in case they increase in the future as you can't edit posts later but at this time March 2011 its 290 all in to forum members. Our website price is 289 plus vat so your effectively saving 20%.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts