Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...just because I seem to have a knack at the moment for taking threads off-topic and it bothers other forum users.

So welcome to random ramblings, where there is no topic to go off of.

To start, I'd just like to say how HUGELY jealous I am of my husband who is currently at the O2 Arena to see Roger Waters doing 'The Wall' and has just texted to tell me that David Gilmour and Nick Mason have now appeared on-stage too.

PF.xx

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Ahhh great, it just feels like home here, haha.

Sounds like he is having a great time, why did you not go PF?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Och, some silly idea that, as a teacher, I should actually be in school Monday to Friday. Otherwise I certainly would have.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I'm sure your husband will take you out for a romantic meal over the weekend to make up for it! :D

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
randomness eh?

I watched "The Abyss" last night for the first time - very good movie don't know how I missed this one!

·
Registered
619 Posts
taconite2 said:
randomness eh?

I watched "The Abyss" last night for the first time - very good movie don't know how I missed this one!
Great film!

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I havent seen it yet... Will have to check it out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mojito said:
I'm sure your husband will take you out for a romantic meal over the weekend to make up for it! :D
Went for dinner at my favourite Thai restaurant, although I will admit it had already been booked for weeks.

YUM!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
taconite2 said:
randomness eh?

Nope, haven't seen it either, but not sure it's my thing anyway.

We went to see Thor yesterday. It was ace. Complete lot of nonsense but I love the comic-based films.

Really looking forward to James MacAvoy in X-Men: First Class next month.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Thai food!... Aaaahh, my mouths watering!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Well the abyss is a standard James Cameron movie (guy who made avatar and titanic) so if you like terminator you will prob like this lol

I'm looking forward to the new x-men too :)

Best movie of 2010 for me was Tron hehe

·
Registered
34 Posts
purplefeet said:
taconite2 said:
randomness eh?

We went to see Thor yesterday. It was ace. Complete lot of nonsense but I love the comic-based films.

Really looking forward to James MacAvoy in X-Men: First Class next month.
I still haven't seen Thor but not heard great things, although I do also like the comic/graphic novel based films.
On that note has anyone seen the trailer for "Immortals" its from the same guys who made 300, look insane ! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mojito said:
I love Thai food too :)

I'm actually going Thailand mid June with the missus!

My a1 is due about the same time! I just hope it comes b4 I go, otherwise my stepdad will be collecting her :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mojito said:
How many mouths you got???

Punctuation's not any better, I see!

Tonight's randomness from me...it has taken me half a bottle of wine to write feedback for our teaching student for one lesson...yes, it is that bad!

On the up side, next week is build week..the countdown (of indeterminate length) begins...

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Sorry Miss Purplefeet! :cry: :lol:

You may as well finish the whole bottle off! It will be my build date in a few weeks too! :)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
JustDorian said:
Mojito said:
I love Thai food too :)

I'm actually going Thailand mid June with the missus!

My a1 is due about the same time! I just hope it comes b4 I go, otherwise my stepdad will be collecting her :(
Eat all you can while there! :D

I have just realised, i will be in Ibiza on my collection date of Sept 1st :cry: I will have to collect a few days later now!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mojito said:
Eat all you can while there! :D

I have just realised, i will be in Ibiza on my collection date of Sept 1st :cry: I will have to collect a few days later now!
Oh don't worry, I shall :)

And at least u get to pick it up... I will miss my hand over :(... It won't be brand spanking new when I get home! Might sound sad but it's my 1st brand new car!

/whine

It's build week is next week! Let's hope it makes it here b4 the 15th!!! Otherwise I hope it's delayed by 3 weeks haha :D

Surely we should be happy to be going on holiday lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JustDorian said:
It's build week is next week! Let's hope it makes it here b4 the 15th!!! Otherwise I hope it's delayed by 3 weeks haha :D

Surely we should be happy to be going on holiday lol
No! I'm on build next week too so no delays please. I'll cross my fingers for us that there's no hitches, a quick sailing and a transporters heading in our directions quickly after they land.

Xx

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good afternoon campers!

How's it going in A1-land?

Had a very hectic week, so not been able to catch up until now. Nice to see things still ticking over nicely.

PF.x

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, we have randomly, unexpectedly but very pleasantlt (almost) become an Audi husehold.

Hubby's 9 year-old, 161k mile Accord has cost us one garage bill too many and is being replaced. Bit of shooping around on the weekend and we've got ourselves a sweet deal on a 56 A4 Avant S-Line with a cracking spec. Collecting it on Sunday.

We were intending on replacing the Honda this year but not quite so soon. Little bit gutted (and jealous) that hubby will have his first but next to the A1, they're going to look fab on the drive.

PF.xx

1 - 20 of 39 Posts