Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... as I've already been lurking here for a couple of weeks!

Because of the long lead time on a new A1, I ordered in March for an anticipated September delivery. It's a Sphere Blue S-Line 1.4 with most of the option boxes ticked, including exclusive leather. The only problem is that thanks to the paint problems my build date has been brought forward twice and now the dealer's expecting delivery before the end of this month :shock:

So the big debate began - do I take delivery early or stick to September? The dealer's quite happy to keep the car for a couple of months ..... Audi might introduce a tempting offer on new orders for September delivery ...... I'm not very good at waiting for new toys if I can have them sooner rather than later ...... driving the new car through the summer is a rather nice prospect .......

Decisions, decisions :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,965 Posts
I would say, if you have a car to use... Wait until sept 1st for delivery. It is tempting to just go and collect though! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mojito said:
I would say, if you have a car to use... Wait until sept 1st for delivery. It is tempting to just go and collect though! ;)
Thanks. That's what the sensible bit inside keeps saying. Problem is, it's not as big as the "I want it now" bit. Still got a few weeks to decide, hopefully. The PCP on my current car doesn't even run out until October and I've got a guaranteed p/x for it so it really would be better to wait from a financial point of view. I can see I'll be going round in circles until the dealer gives an eta :?
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top