Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :)

Well I ordered my 1.4 Sport (Phantom Black) at the beginning of January and have been like a kid at Christmas every day since :oops: I'm exhausted!!

I'm told it's week 8 build, estimated delivery date third week in March.

The only thing that is keeping me going is reading your posts and all the exciting things I've got to look forward to.

Think maybe I need to calm down, otherwise by the time I get the car all I'll be fit for is to crawl in and fall asleep for a few weeks :shock:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I ordered my car in 2nd week in Dec and ive been told my week build is week 4 , I havent heard anything different so Im hoping for march delivery , having problems with car to get me about and that at the mo so March cant come quick enough for me aswel

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I ordered mine mid January and can't wait. How long did you have to wait until you were told a build week?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I spoke with my sales rep about the 2nd week in Jan , and again just before week 4 ( at first he said he didnt have it confirmed , but he went off to enquire and then said it was confirmed.

On my order he put delivery required for mid march. I just want it on the new 11 plate and before the end of march so dont have to pay the vat increase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sales rep told me the build week about a week later. Have to say I did think there would be better communication with a couple of queries I've had - phone calls not returned, emails not answered and I thought there would be at least some kind of letter since ordering, but I try to remain optimistic that build will start w/c 21 Feb. If not ... well I imagine acting my age will be totally out of the question .. I'll cry!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ali1 - where did you order your audi from? I'm from Kent and I ordered mine from Bexley....the service has been great and I get a call every couple of weeks with a quick update! My car has build week 8 and hopefully being delivered 11 March :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tanparks said:
Ali1 - where did you order your audi from? I'm from Kent and I ordered mine from Bexley....the service has been great and I get a call every couple of weeks with a quick update! My car has build week 8 and hopefully being delivered 11 March :)
I ordered from Canterbury. Your Bexley dealer sounds great ....I'm feeling a bit neglected :? I wonder if our cars will turn up at the same time - what date did you order? (Mine was 2nd January).
I think I'm going to give Canterbury a call today before I expire from this emotional rollercoaster :lol:

trabzone61 said:
i have been waiting since november
Don't know how you've coped this long !

Ali

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered mine on 22nd December and my dealer rang two weeks ago to say estimated deliver is going to be 11th March.....I was hoping for 1st March but I have added a few things :)

My other option was the Canterbury Audi so I am glad I went to Bexley then?!? Did you ring Canterbury for an update?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tanparks said:
My other option was the Canterbury Audi so I am glad I went to Bexley then?!? Did you ring Canterbury for an update?
Yes I phoned through and had to leave a message .. this time my call was returned really quickly so things are looking up :D

Build is confirmed for week 8 and I asked about 11th as an estimated delivery. I was told it is possible, but they don't like to give exact dates just in case there are any hold ups - probably wise in my case :D
Couldn't believe it but I even got a letter through thanking me for my order etc etc. Maybe Canterbury wait till nearer the time before communication and updates start. Anyway .. faith restored .. I'm even more excited than I was before, if that's possible.

I added a few things too :lol: so I guess that slowed delivery time.

Looks like our cars could appear at the same time ... if you hear anything can you update, and I'll do the same?

Ali

·
Registered
274 Posts
2 weeks since it was built and counting - mine is STILL sat on the docks in belgium. Seems to like life on the wrong side of the north sea - or gets sea sick on ferries. Probably waiting for the next ice age so it can drive over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MDPlatts said:
2 weeks since it was built and counting - mine is STILL sat on the docks in belgium.
That is just cruel :cry: . Being a bit new to all this .. is this quite a normal thing to happen?

Ali

·
Registered
274 Posts
Someone here SteveO IIRC waited over 3 weeks - when theres a ship then in theory they should go 1st come/1st served - but it doesnt always seem to be so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Ali

Yes of course I will let you know :). I had a phone call from my dealer on Monday to confirm that my car was in production this week :).

What bits did you add?

Tan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Tan
That's great news about your car :D does that mean your build has been brought forward a week? (or have my counting skills completely gone to pot like the rest of me :D )

I've added sat nav sd, dab, tyre pressure monitor, park plus, hill hold and autodip/rain sensors. For some reason my male friends seemed to find one of my main requirements of front/rear parking sensors hysterically funny .... how rude :shock:

What have you added?

I'm hoping I'll get a call from Canterbury next week with some kind of update .... fingers crossed, not too much longer to wait.

Ali

·
Registered
442 Posts
Mines waiting at the dealers and im collecting 2nd March ( ordered 1st/2nd week in December )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Ali

Lol, no your counting skills haven't gone to pot! It is currently week 7 so I was surprised to hear from my dealer on Monday :) but I am glad it has been moved forward a week!

It is so typical of your male friends to laugh about the parking sensors....lol. I don't think they will be laughing when you pick up the car. Is the A1 your first Audi?

I added, automatic lights/rain sensors, electronic climate control and heated/folding mirrors....I also took the 5yr service plan option.

You will have to let me know how the sat nav works because I am considering adding once I have the car......that's if I can?

Tan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
daytonasliner said:
Mines waiting at the dealers and im collecting 2nd March ( ordered 1st/2nd week in December )
That's brilliant ... you must be so excited :D :D

tanparks said:
I was surprised to hear from my dealer on Monday :) but I am glad it has been moved forward a week!

Is the A1 your first Audi?

Tan
That means you should get your car a week earlier than quoted ? ... are you managing to get any sleep with all the excitement :D

This is my first ever Audi. I've had two Polos and was quite happy and content - that was until I took the A1 for a test drive and instantly fell in love with it, it just felt a really safe and sturdy car and so comfortable ... and of course once I found out about the parking sensors ... well there was just no stopping me :lol: :lol:

I'll let you know about the sat nav ... hopefully this one wont try to lead me into a field of cabbages :oops:

Hope you get your delivery date soon :D

Ali

1 - 18 of 18 Posts