Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm at that stage where I think I've got my spec together but I'm still unsure of a few options, whether they're worth it or not. If anyone fancys casting an eye over this that'd be cool.

Sport 1.4 TFSI
- Glacier White
- Door mirrors heated and folding including heated washers
- Heated front seats
- Media Style pack with black/black style cloth (would love a pic if anyone has one of theirs in this style!)
- Competition line double blade roof spoiler
- Cloth headlining in black
- 17" 5 V Spoke Bi colour alloys
- Xenon light package. Includes Xenon Plus headlights with headlight washers (PX4),LED interior light package (QQ1) and light and rain sensors (8N6/4GP)
- Electronic climate control. Including humidity sensor, automatic air recirculation and defrost button for rapid defrosting of windscreen.
- SAT Nav SD card based
- 5 year service plan
- Aluminium air vents (if possible)
- Tyre pressure loss indicator

Still deciding on:
- Advanced key
- Luggage package

When you've got so far along the line it's hard to resist adding more!

It might not seem it, but there were things I HAVEN'T gone for :roll:

What do you think?
:?

·
Registered
90 Posts
sounds like a good spec, as its almost the same as my preferred list. like you, im still adding and deleting.

just can make my mind up. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ask the dealer to compare the sat nav packages, I had a play with the A6 Sat Nav which is the same as the HDD based one in the A1 and it was much smoother to use nad upgrades the resolution of the entire screen.

I stuck with the standard interior package as it really didn't feel much different to the media style pack, and many of the items you can get in other packages anyway. Then again I did go for the Wasabi Green finish which leads some people to question my taste, myself I thought it was funky which was needed when the rest of the car was Black.

Also do you really need the heated seats. I asked around and people love it on Leather seats but there are only a few who said it was required on fabric - and that comes from people living in the Austrian Alps! Felt like a lot of money for something I'd use rarely.

I'm starting to regret not getting the luggage package - I may look into getting one aftermarket.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's a really nice spec but you're paying for options that come as standard on the S-Line (headlining), or cost less on the S-Line (Xenon plus). Have you considered asking the dealer whether it would be possible to swap the S-Line standard alloys for those bi-colour ones you want?

I know how hard it is to decide on the options ....... :lol:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Good spec.

On the luggage package, from what I have heard, its not worth the money...

Put it towards the Advanced Key for that bit of extra tech ;)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
gadgetgirl said:
Hi, I'm at that stage where I think I've got my spec together but I'm still unsure of a few options, whether they're worth it or not. If anyone fancys casting an eye over this that'd be cool.

Sport 1.4 TFSI Swap for S-Line
- Glacier White Great choice! :lol:
- Door mirrors heated and folding including heated washers I would have chose these if they folded when locking
- Heated front seats Not really worth it on cloth seats tbh
- Media Style pack with black/black style cloth (would love a pic if anyone has one of theirs in this style!)What is in the media pack?
- Competition line double blade roof spoiler Just go S-Line and get the S-Line spoiler free
- Cloth headlining in black S-Line = free
- 17" 5 V Spoke Bi colour alloys I like them, but 17" are fee on S-Line
- Xenon light package. Includes Xenon Plus headlights with headlight washers (PX4),LED interior light package (QQ1) and light and rain sensors (8N6/4GP)Cheaper option with S-Line model
- Electronic climate control. Including humidity sensor, automatic air recirculation and defrost button for rapid defrosting of windscreen.If you can get it for £205 then a yes!
- SAT Nav SD card basedSD card too expensive, go for a iPhone or similar with £20 Satnav app
- 5 year service planyes
- Aluminium air vents (if possible)no, reflections in mirrors
- Tyre pressure loss indicator £55 yes

Still deciding on:
- Advanced keyNo, unless you have piles of cash for options then tick them all
- Luggage packageNo, just buy the under seat storage tray for £30

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
How much did your spec come to G Girl?

·
Registered
67 Posts
gadgetgirl said:
- Heated front seats
Agree with Mojito unless you go for full leather seats

·
Registered
62 Posts
gadgetgirl said:

Sport 1.4 TFSI
- Glacier White
- Door mirrors heated and folding including heated washers
- Heated front seats
- Media Style pack with black/black style cloth (would love a pic if anyone has one of theirs in this style!)
- Competition line double blade roof spoiler
- Cloth headlining in black
- 17" 5 V Spoke Bi colour alloys
- Xenon light package. Includes Xenon Plus headlights with headlight washers (PX4),LED interior light package (QQ1) and light and rain sensors (8N6/4GP)
- Electronic climate control. Including humidity sensor, automatic air recirculation and defrost button for rapid defrosting of windscreen.
- SAT Nav SD card based
- 5 year service plan
- Aluminium air vents (if possible)
- Tyre pressure loss indicator

Still deciding on:
- Advanced key
- Luggage package

What do you think?
Check out this...

http://www.creweaudi.com/audi_a1_leasin ... 4QodcnLbMg

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I was gonna post "go for an S-line" but i see others have beaten me to it :lol:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Id swap a number of the items for Sline, especially as the media colour you have chosen is black black

The storage pack includes the boot compartment, which removes the chance to drop the doot level.

Some nice options though, Are you going to get the competition spoiler painted to match the car or getting a cntrast? Any other competion style parts?

Not sure on the heated seats, I liked them on my last car, but that was full leather so the seats got cold in the winter.

dont forget to budget for Gap insurance and possibly Autoglym. Also there are other options available (and usually cheaper) that are different to the option your Audi dealer will provide.

But it looks a good spec, with so many options on the A1 its what you want that matters. Problem with a car with choice is you can spend a long time choosing.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I understand GAP insurance comes in a few different varieties to cover if you've got finance or to cover you just to invoice price etc - I've looked into it a bit, not much. But I am budgeting for it and definitely going to purchase - probably through ala.co.uk (need to do more reading on this). GAP insurance is worth it if you're buying lots of extras as usually insurance companies won't pay out for these and only the RRP list price or similar.

I don't know if I'd be dropping the boot level, I quite like the idea of having the compartments underneath the boot floor for storage. Are the storage compartments for the boot in the luggage pack not removable? They must be to get to the battery / spare / wheel accessories and repair kit underneath? If I was packing luggage (suitcases etc) I'd take them out and drop the floor if necessary. I think I'll be fine though.

I'm most likely skipping the Autoglym at the dealership and having a local valet company preparing the car as new and applying paint and uphosltery protection. But again I've budgeted for this.

The spec is coming to about £20k but not exceeding £21k
I managed to save money because of the extras bundled in each pack and in turn other options become cheaper depending on what packs you've selected :)

My thinking with the heated seats is that I read somewhere that heated seats are a quicker and more efficient way of warming yourself over using the heat from the air vents. I've always wanted heated seats. Do they not work or something with cloth upholstery? Surely they must?

I've quizzed the dealer and I just can't get those V spoke alloys on the S-Line :( I do LOVE those alloys.
So...............

Still workin on it! :?

·
Registered
90 Posts
on the v line spoke alloys, i was at the stealers last week, and they offered to swap my alloys to any of the others on the pitch( along as off A1) so i would force the question more and see if they will do inorder to close your deal.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll keep that in mind if S-Line is the way I go!

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
gadgetgirl said:
My thinking with the heated seats is that I read somewhere that heated seats are a quicker and more efficient way of warming yourself over using the heat from the air vents. I've always wanted heated seats. Do they not work or something with cloth upholstery? Surely they must?
Heated seats are great for warming you up quickly either cloth or leather.

Leather seats are always colder (especially in winter) therefore if you select leather for an option I would advise getting heated seats, If your seats are cloth or they will not get so cold, but it will be nice option to have if your £'s run to it and your car is not garaged.

You should try sitting into leather seats when you have parked in the sun with the roof down, that makes you dance :D !!

G

·
Hi GadgetGirl

My vote would be for the Sport instead of the S-Line. I drove both and found the Sport to be more comfortable IMO, and like you I love those 5 V Spoke wheels! (I'm not a fan of the standard S-Line wheels!)
I wasn't bothered with the part leather seats as the A1's going to be a daily run-around (leather looks worn faster than cloth if in repeated usage) and I've got a touring BMW which already has decent leather and heated seats if its really cold!

If you got the Sport you could drop the heated seats as cloth wont feel cold,(unless you wear skimpy skirts in winter...! :D ) and if you chose Xenon you get the LED package included and the screen sunband, along with the light and rain sensors. Ok the Xenons for the Sport are more expensive by £275 but you get £241 worth of 'extras' included. And... as you have the LED package already, the black headlining is only £137.50. (I chose this too as I like the car interior dark and to feel 'snug' in there if that makes sense!?), and then the privacy glass to contrast with the white bodywork looks great. I also love that double blade spoiler but my budget wouldn't stretch that far...

I've had an S-Line A3 and it was a bit harsh on the road, hence the reason I test drove both models of the A1, and those badges are a pain when polishing the car! Once you've washed the car a few times you'll see what I mean!

PS, IMO dont splash out on Autoglym, you can get the kit for £20 on fleabay, instead either buy your own stuff or go to a reputable valeter/detailer. I valet cars in my spare time for friends and family for over 10 years now, and there's a LOT better stuff out there, Zaino for example.

HTH.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chunky Monkey - Right! I never thought about the leather wearing quick - I presumed it would be durable - but I get what you mean.

Think I'm back to where I started with the original spec then!

Black headlining is a defo for me, I loved the way it looked in another Audi model in the show room (can't remember which one...) classy, snug, dark. Lush.

I'd love privacy glass too but I think it might be rather expensive at £300+

Still undecided on whether I should stretch to an Advanced Key :|

Spookuk - unfortunately my car lives outside all year round, not in a garage. And on winter mornings it's in the shade so none of it warms up, deices or anything naturally. Cars on the other side of the street get the sun while mine remains a block of ice. I need the heated seats n mirrors, I wished I'd had them all last winter. :(

Thanks for reassuring me they work well with cloth, as it looks as if that's what my interior will be now.

Cheers all.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My Confusion over the Storage pack and the luggage pack

I mistook the Storage pack and the luggage pack. The storage pack doesnt seem to include the underfloor compartments, it has the rear seat cup holders and a few other things.

Just noticed my mistake when looking over the brochure again :oops:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts