Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
• Hello everyone! My name is Stavros and i am from Greece, i live in Athens.
• I am new to the Audi family but not in the VAG group. I used to own a Seat Cupra, a VW Golf MKV (5) & a VW Golf MKVII (7) which a sold a few weeks ago.
• After a lot of research i came to the conclusion that i wanted to buy a vag car that it would be Stronic. Prices in Εurope are over the top right now so the little fella (a1) was the best option for me at the moment. After a lot of research and inspecting wrecked cars i finally found the one! 1.6 TDI 2013 model, stronic, version attraction with 105.800km (65.000miles i think). The car was inspected, everything was clear , service books from the dealership and the stronic was in mint condition!
• Lost no time, and started ordering parts, to build it up to my likes. First of all i ordered new suspension and some other bits and pieces for the drivetrain. Right now i am watiting for some cosmetic goodies! I ll try and keep you updated in this thread/diary. Also imma show you some photos from my previous cars.!
• Starting photos are in the shop before the inspection. Afterwards the party started. First we restore and then we tune
• Thanks a lot for taking time and reading my posts.

• New suspension
• New top mounts
• New side-bars (i dont know the correct term)
• New arm rest in leather because the genuine was broken.

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
• 25/03 is a public holiday in Greece and no one is working. So we had 3full days of relaxing and doing stuff that needed to be done!
• First things first, i gave her a good wash at my friend's car wash.
• After i had to fill her up because she has drinking issues (not). Prices these days are ridiculously high. VPower Diesel 1,86euros per lt.
• And finally the big test.. a small excursion of 500kms (310miles) to Trikala Korinthias. 3 small villages in the mountains of Peloponnese. Started the day with grabbing some cold espresso and off we go. The car drove great, no issues which was the biggest accomplishment so far.! Sadly the tolls for such small trip were 25euros lol. The weather was great with 17-18c degrees but you could actually see snow in the top.
• Oh i almost forgot that huge steak which was the cherry on top!

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
• Another successful night, Had arranged a meeting with a local shop to tint the front & rear lights with film till i get some proper Bixenon.
• Also the film has hidden the afflicted front "plastic" light.
• What's next ? !

·
Super Moderator
2014 A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Contrast Line +
83 Posts
Do you intend changing the wheels? My daughter's A1 rides on 18 inch and although they look very nice to me (until they were kerbed) they do not help with the ride quality. I'm tempted to look at putting 16 or 17 inch wheels on it but I do not know if they will fit over the front discs/callipers. I am waiting for the car to be fixed at the body shop so I can measure up, same way as I am fairly sure it will need a new battery soon but it's in the spare wheel well and all the sites I look at give details of an under-bonnet battery for facelifted cars

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you intend changing the wheels? My daughter's A1 rides on 18 inch and although they look very nice to me (until they were kerbed) they do not help with the ride quality. I'm tempted to look at putting 16 or 17 inch wheels on it but I do not know if they will fit over the front discs/callipers. I am waiting for the car to be fixed at the body shop so I can measure up, same way as I am fairly sure it will need a new battery soon but it's in the spare wheel well and all the sites I look at give details of an under-bonnet battery for facelifted cars
Yes i will change em sooner or later, if you saw my previous cars .. "wheels is my thing" . I will probably go 18x8 with 215/40. I haven't measure the A1 yet so i am not sure for the excact dimensions. I prefer losing a bit of quality for the looks.

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
• Nothing makes me happier than parts arriving every day! Since i can't afford atm bixenon headlights i went with the more vfm way of improving lights.
• Ever since i tinted my front lights the yellow beam from the H7 was terrible so i upgraded both H7 & Drls to Led.

• First things first "the upgrade components"

• Lights off -> Drls on ->H7 and drls on

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
• Easter is finally here and madness prevails in Greek customs & post office.
• Just a small update with inner red rings for the vents.
• Before & after

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
It certainly looks good, matching the colour of the backlit illuminations !

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It certainly looks good, matching the colour of the backlit illuminations !
Yeah , excactly my thoughts. I will probably paint carbon or gloss black the outter rings as well, i am also waiting for some interior bits & pieces in carbon and red

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
• Small update once again with interior mods, hopefully now that Easter is over post office will deliver a bit faster.
• New stuff came to my hands so i had to install them as soon as possible. I am still receving products so it's not the final view. At the same time parts arriving for my Yamaha TMAX as well but i don't have enough time for both.

• Electromagnetic parking sensors that don't require holes in your bumper. (Will be installed later)
• Ring for the steering wheel around the airbag in red hue/tint. (Will be installed later)
• Led H11 Kit for the fog lights so it matches my H7 in 6000K. (Will be installed later)
• Led License plate kit (Canbus of course). (Will be installed later)
• Car alarm that works with the factory key.

• Paddle extension shifters in black color.
• Carbon key case/cover, really good in quality with 2 screws to tighten up.
• Carbon enamel sticker for the lower part of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
• New week, new installations... A few days ago i sent the car to the car electrician and my good friend Kostas installed these below.
• I wont install the red ring for the airbag, i didint like how it fits with the carbon enamel sticker.

• Electromagnetic parking sensors that don't require holes in your bumper.
• Led H11 Kit for the fog lights so it matches my H7 in 6000K.
• Car alarm that works with the factory key. (Wont give away the brand)
• Carbon enamel sticker for the airbag in the steering wheel.

• I am pretty happy with the interior result, i still have 1-2 things i wanna change but overall it changed a lot and gave the car a touch of freshness.
• I am really excited for the RS front Grill that will eventually come in the next 1-2 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
I like the idea of electromagnetic parking sensors that don't require holes. Are they completely hidden behind the bumper cover ? How do they stay in place?

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the idea of electromagnetic parking sensors that don't require holes. Are they completely hidden behind the bumper cover ? How do they stay in place?
That was my thought as well, i didint want to drill another bumper , it looks way cleaner without the holes. They are completely hidden yes, Imagine a double tape that sticks in the inner side of the bumper
Ac adapter Vision care Product Eyewear Font

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
The car is looking good, you mention 18 inch wheels they do look good, I have them on my Sline Black Edition, they run on the standard fitment 225/35 tyres. The ride can be harsh on the poor UK roads, but they seem quite vulnerable to damage from potholes, hoping to avoid any expensive damage.

How about a flat bottom steering wheel, no Audi is complete without one 🙂.

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi
The car is looking good, you mention 18 inch wheels they do look good, I have them on my Sline Black Edition, they run on the standard fitment 225/35 tyres. The ride can be harsh on the poor UK roads, but they seem quite vulnerable to damage from potholes, hoping to avoid any expensive damage.

How about a flat bottom steering wheel, no Audi is complete without one 🙂.
If i am not mistaken you should run 215/40/18 , i will make a research later just to be sure. I used to run my Golf 7 with 225/35/19 on 19x8.5 ET35 and lowered to the ground and i didint have any serious issues. Time will show!

I love flat bottom steering wheels but they are hella expensive here, i will need over 1K with installation included. I can do so much more with this amount of money.

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
• Hello once again, long time no see.
• It's been a little tough here in Greece with the economic crisis and i had to postpone throwing money at the A1TSE but i am trying to make a come back especially after the summer vacation of August.
• The other day i was at my friend's shop in Varkiza,Athens (JSR Carbon cleaner & Detailing) to have my windows tinted with ASWF (American standard windows film) and had the interior organic cleaned. And a small detail that i always do on my car... removed the "A1 & TDI". I want the ass to be clean af.
• I am patiently waiting for a new part to arrive that will make the car look a lot better on the exterior.

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
• After four months of waiting it is finally here, the long awaiting Front RS Grill (honeycomb) in gloss black.
• The quality is actually much better from what i expected but it doesnt have the AUDI badge which made me sad but i will find a solution.
• Before & after photos coming. WHATS NEXT?

1) Removing front bumper.
2) Disconnecting the fog lights.
3) Cleaning then painting with primer the bumper reinforcement.
4) Painting the bumper reinforcement in black.
5) Removing the stock grill from the bumper.
6) Adding the new RS grill into the bumper.
7) Adding everything back in the car once again.

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
It looks like you have dark-tinted the headlights too, and with no rings on the grille it looks very strange, almost sinister

·
Registered
Audi A1 Sportback
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It looks like you have dark-tinted the headlights too, and with no rings on the grille it looks very strange, almost sinister
As i previously wrote, i will find a solution for a badge, i dont like it badgeless at all. Also i am thinking of buying plate holders !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts