Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just in the garden with an ice cold drink earlier eyeing up the A1 and noticed that the rear does look a little odd.

The rear light lenses seem to stick out and look a bit like a thick pair of glasses :geek: haha.

I thought that if they had curved the bottom of the boot lid more so the lights were flush on the inside it would look alot better. They could have always had a recess for the rear number plate!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I do honestly think the designer gave up slightly towards the back of the car....lol

The new a3 looks nicer IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think he did... Thats the only thing that i dont really like on the A1, such a shame hey!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I mentioned this during my Audi factory tour and the tour guide just laughed an agreed.

The back end was prob the work of a German placement student :p

I mean don't get me wrong it's not ugly jut I feel after seeing what Audi is capable of (TT, R8,A7) they can do better....maybe they are saving the best till the S1?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Look at the bright side least with the bodywork recessed it wouldn't get damaged in a bang!

Depends on the angle you view it. Some of the brochure pics it looks ok.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
darrenwls said:
I agree it looks odd... But the lights are part of the bootlid but designed to look separate!
Like a pair of glasses with thick lenses! :lol:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Mojito said:
I was just in the garden with an ice cold drink earlier eyeing up the A1 and noticed that the rear does look a little odd.

The rear light lenses seem to stick out and look a bit like a thick pair of glasses :geek: haha.

I thought that if they had curved the bottom of the boot lid more so the lights were flush on the inside it would look alot better. They could have always had a recess for the rear number plate!
Geek chic is the term haha I didnt like it at first but thats what makes it stand out from the crowd imo...its a booty not a rear end !

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
it beats the Renault megane back end!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yeah totally agree! That said it has grown on me :p I've also noticed being parked next to other cars, how sloped the rear windscreen is compared to others!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am a rear end sort of guy and this appeals to me as it kind of juts out . Gives you something to hold onto while firmly banging the back door. It does have a look of the Q5 and Q7 about it. But for me the rear is one of it's strengths.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jrh said:
I am a rear end sort of guy and this appeals to me as it kind of juts out . Gives you something to hold onto while firmly banging the back door.
Haha, cool description jrh :D

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
jrh said:
I am a rear end sort of guy and this appeals to me
More of a leg man myself :p

·
Registered
354 Posts
Still dont have my A1

but from some the pictures you can eaily see where the style lines and flow are on the car

Looking at http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/26626/ ... 73805/1280

Roof line
Door line upper which continue to the lights
Door line middle which continue to the top part of the bumper
And Door line lower continuing to the lower part of the bumper

Also from behind it maintains the squat stance of many audis

I like the look of it and hopefully I will feel the same when I get the car :?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It probably does look cool from a distance and from standing height, but from a sitting height angle it just looks odd. Its like a set of 80's thick rear car lenses have been tacked on.

The lenses look great on the rear wing as they blend into the body, its the inner section near the numberplate.

·
Registered
284 Posts
With those led's on I really love the Rear :mrgreen:

·
Registered
354 Posts
ice silver said:
looks better.more i look at it :) keep looking :)
You make it sound like a magic picture from the 90s :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.