Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew, that the A1 would be a nice car, however what I have been most surprised about, was the engine... DId not test driven one before.

I have only picked mine yesterday still breaking in brakes and tyres... but taking over teasing the pedal a little and here is the engine sound with the whistling of the supercharger depression and turbocharger pumping up and a low tone exhaust. This engine is fantastic, the sensations so far have put a huge smile on my face :mrgreen: I can't wait when I m going to be able to put my foot down properly.

185 engine is the engine to have in an A1.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sounds like an "adult" novel lol - love it :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome to the 185 club.
I tried to avoid sport mode but I couldt resist a quick go in the first 100 miles. WOW

Be carefull though it does run away, dropping from drive into sport mode at 30 then full accelerator, it gets very quick in scarily short space of time.

How many miles are you planning to wait before putting your foot down ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
bob_s said:
Welcome to the 185 club.
I tried to avoid sport mode but I couldt resist a quick go in the first 100 miles. WOW

Be carefull though it does run away, dropping from drive into sport mode at 30 then full accelerator, it gets very quick in scarily short space of time.

Prefer it in paddle mode in 3rd gear from 30-whatever.......:)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Still not given the paddles a big go yet, still getting used to the amazing automatic gearbox.

Think i need to go out for another drive

·
Registered
450 Posts
bob_s said:
Still not given the paddles a big go yet, still getting used to the amazing automatic gearbox.

Think i need to go out for another drive
Paddles are much better when accelerating hard I find. I had them in my a4 so am used to them. Glad you are enjoying the car. How many miles are you getting out of a tank. I am between 280 and 300.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Still only done 150 miles. Most days the car is in my garage as I walk to work.

But its 150 miles and still 1/2 full. This weekend I'll be out again putting a few more miles on, might be able to get to empty the tank.

Geoxis, are you a daily driver and how is your A1 after a few more days ownership.

·
Registered
450 Posts
bob_s said:
Still only done 150 miles. Most days the car is in my garage as I walk to work.

But its 150 miles and still 1/2 full. This weekend I'll be out again putting a few more miles on, might be able to get to empty the tank.

Geoxis, are you a daily driver and how is your A1 after a few more days ownership.
That's about normal for me. Between 150 and 180 at half full. :). Mine has about 600 miles on it so starting to loosen up a bit and the ESP is getting called upon a bit...:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bob_s said:
Welcome to the 185 club.

About a thousand but my god how tempting it is, knowing you have all this torque on demand... Am not sure I will be able to hold until then...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bob_s said:
Well, I was not until I got this car... :lol: I am taking my daughter to nursery everyday every other week, plus the ocasional commut to work, going out in town and business travel. Any excuses to drive this little rocket and put the mileage on the clock.

PS: you do get the A3 drivers dirty look...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
geoxis said:
PS: you do get the A3 drivers dirty look...
We all get the A3 dirty look, no matter what were driving :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Some pictures of mine from Singapore! :D

[album]873[/album]

[album]875[/album]

[album]877[/album]
The ex-wife isn't too happy.

[album]878[/album]
Some of you requested for the pictures of the dials?

[album]879[/album]

[album]883[/album]
Caught between my ex-wife and new husband. :p

[album]884[/album]
Met his arch rival while getting the number plates changed.

More pictures on my album. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kennyshane84 said:
I finally got my 185 too! It is such an angel when you drive it relaxingly. but then when you floor the throttle... OMG. :D
Congratulations on getting yours enjoy driving it as much as I do enjoy driving mine.

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Cool A1 Kenny... You have full red leather too? :eek:

Why is the front bumper off the car?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mojito said:

It's a red and black milano leather combination. :)

Got the front bumper off cos they were drilling holes at the lower part of the bumper to fit the Hella LEDayflex DRLs (these were originally meant for my VW Polo but didn't manage to fix them up). Will probably put up a picture of them when they are on at night. They are positioned to shine downwards so it seems like I've got ambient lighting from the bumpers. :)

Also fixed a red strobe light kit behind the front grille (much like the effect you see in KITT from knight rider).

·
Registered
450 Posts
kennyshane84 said:
Mojito said:

Got the front bumper off cos they were drilling holes at the lower part of the bumper to fit the Hella LEDayflex DRLs (these were originally meant for my VW Polo but didn't manage to fix them up). Will probably put up a picture of them when they are on at night. They are positioned to shine downwards so it seems like I've got ambient lighting from the bumpers. :)

Also fixed a red strobe light kit behind the front grille (much like the effect you see in KITT from knight rider).
Cool. Can't wait for pictures....:)

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
David Hasselhoff is a A1 forum member! WOoo!!!

Haha, only joking. I look forward to seeing the pics Kenny. Did you trade the Polo in?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mojito said:
David Hasselhoff is a A1 forum member! WOoo!!!

Haha, only joking. I look forward to seeing the pics Kenny. Did you trade the Polo in?
Yes I did. Depreciation wasn't too bad, considering car prices in Singapore have skyrocketed in the recent months.

More pictures of KITT after sending him for Dupont Hypercoat and Swissvax Concorso Wax!

[album]902[/album]

[album]903[/album]

[album]904[/album]

[album]905[/album]

The elusive 5-spoke rotors! :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
rghealth said:
kennyshane84 said:
Mojito said:

Cool. Can't wait for pictures....:)
Need to find a nice dark place to take photos of the lights. Singapore's too brightly lit! :p

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.