Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Just picked up my brand spanking new A1 a couple of days ago and absolutely love it. I got it in Teak Brown (I've nicknamed it affectionately the "Turd") although I was in a lot of conflict when I ordered it whether to go safe with black, or unique with Brown. I eventually decided on the Brown (screw the resale price!) and have not suffered any buyers remorse and am extremely relieved I didn't go with the black in the end.

The one thing I am regretting a little bit is not getting the SatNav SD card installed. I know it is a lot of money, but without it it feels like the computer screen is incomplete... I mean I have a Nav button and when I press it, it tells me that it's not available and I'm sure that is going to be bugging me everytime I see it for years to come.

From going though the posts on this site, it would appear that you can only get this added on retrospectively if you went for the connectivity pack, which is something that I did not do. However, when going through the A1 configurator on the Audi website and drilling down on the information icon on the "Connectivity Package" option it does say that it gives you "Bluetooth interface including voice control and Bluetooth audio streaming" which is something which I do have...? How does that work if I don't have the Connectivity Package? Is there another way of getting a built in SatNav after delivery?

I've uploaded a pic of my new car for though of you that are interested... I do understand it isn't everyones choice of colour, however as I say I did want to be unique. Also, it would now appear that now you can't order a Teak Brown car without the Roof Contrast Line which makes it even more unique! (Plus I really do find that contrast line pretty ugly).

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You sound like a man of the world, and can take it on the chin.....

I was kinda hoping to see the contrast line as some sort of redeeming feature, have to say it's really not for me, the trouble is I'm old enough to remember the brown Allegro's etc :lol:

But your car fella, and fair play to you wishing to be individual, that I admire

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Hey there!
Yes, you certainly are brave!

I really like Teak brown, but i would be too frightened to order one and i would probably do a little poo in my pants! :lol:

I too remember the brown Allegros with brown interiors... They still give me nightmares and it has a similar ass to the A1 :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol @ the Allegro comparisons... I do see the similarities! (Though I bet that model didn't have the Advanced Key! ;) )

So, anyway of getting a Sat Nav installed without the connectivity package?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
AstonMartin said:
So, anyway of getting a Sat Nav installed without the connectivity package?
For what it would cost, plus the effort involved it would probably be cheaper to buy an iPhone, and stream it to the screen, or buy a TomTom

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
I have just spotted you! WOW, it looks even better in real life! :lol:

Do you have a Smartphone with satnav?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol - what you don't realise is that I fitted that with a Ferrari engine...!

I have a Blackberry Torch which is supposed to have some kind of sat nav app... but it is rubbish and barely works. If I did have one of those Apple monstrosities how would I do it?

·
Premium Member
10,965 Posts
Ok, if you had an iPhone you can stream your music via bluetooth, make and receive calls, stream the satnav audio, stream digital radio stations, stream movie soundtracks etc etc.

I am looking into a way of retrofitting the AMI loom into a car without the connectivity pack etc... Looks like it will be a connector loom from the rear of the headunit, along with the new version iPhone AMI adaptor cable.

This should enable you to watch movies from the iPhone and i have heard that someone has managed to put the iPhone satnav App through the MMI screen.

It is something that is possible, but not confirmed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts