Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any body tell me what mpg they are getting from there TDI NOT what the computer is saying but what it is actually doing ,and how many miles to a tank

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
triplefan what i said NOT from the computer but from fuel put in the tank to the mile you have done i have done 1600miles and it is doing 43 to the gallon

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Rocket Ron said:
triplefan what i said NOT from the computer but from fuel put in the tank to the mile you have done i have done 1600miles and it is doing 43 to the gallon
OK, to save you reading all the boring stuff...........

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1124&start=80#p17528

Or is that not what you are actually asking?

·
Registered
146 Posts
In fairness some of the guys have quoted their calculated mpg on that topic triplefan supplied the link to.. I haven't calculated mine yet but I'm getting a good return!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Im getting 400 miles on a full tank , unfort im changing gears alot going and from work.

unfort im not to clued up on mpg and I dont understand why so many questions are asked ref it? like you I like to know what im getting out a full tank , thats all that matters.

·
Registered
442 Posts
ive got 2 & 1/2 k on the clock up to yet

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats what the computer say but next time you fill up check it properly by by zero you trip, fill it so you can get only

get a cup full in, drive untill you need to fill up and do the same, devide litres by 4.5 to find how many gollons divide how

many gallons in to miles on trip thats your miles to the gallon and i think it will be different to what you computer say ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Maybe, but even if the calculated mpg is 50 it's still good! I live in Wales which means hills and windy roads and that's just the motorway.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Rocket Ron said:
Thats what the computer say but next time you fill up check it properly by by zero you trip, fill it so you can get only

get a cup full in, drive untill you need to fill up and do the same, devide litres by 4.5 to find how many gollons divide how

many gallons in to miles on trip thats your miles to the gallon and i think it will be different to what you computer say ?
As done by Fuelly

Take your pick of 7 A1s, although 1 is a petrol.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/audi/a1/2011

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
triplefan wake up and smell the coffee its all done by computers and i think darrenwls 50 you will be luck JUST TRY IT

the old way and see for your self

·
Registered
146 Posts
Rocket Ron said:

Ok back home in Wales now after my night stop in Southport..

Last fill up was Sunday, recorded mileage was 1835. I fill up normally, rather than try to squeeze it all in and got exactly 35 litres of diesel - the fuel light was on and DIS saying approximately 50 miles left - so call it a gallon. Since then I've driven to visit my parents, been to a local meeting for work and been to Southport and back - mostly motorway driving. Mileage is now 2358 so total 523 miles from a tank, fuel light is back on and again 20 miles left according to the DIS, so call it empty.

So, 35 litres is 7.698924 gallons (apologies for being so precise I'm an accountant lol). Add the gallon that was in there before so that's 523 miles divided by 8.698924 gallons. That comes out as 60.12 miles per gallon.

Ok worst case, assume the tank was completely full - so that's 9.9 gallons capacity. The car's done 523 miles on that tank, and has 20 miles left before it runs out completely - so 543 miles on a full tank. That means it's done at least 54.8 mpg.

Considering it's mostly motorway, anywhere between the two calculations is fine with me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
darrenwls Thanks for that, that is all i was asking in the first place and you are the first person to ansewer the question

1700mile on clock 361miles and the light as come on and i live in Leeds i have a SE TDI not good

·
Registered
146 Posts
Rocket Ron said:
darrenwls Thanks for that, that is all i was asking in the first place and you are the first person to ansewer the question

1700mile on clock 361miles and the light as come on and i live in Leeds i have a SE TDI not good
No problem, you're welcome.

What sort of driving do you mostly do, like town, motorway etc? I'm not sure what the landscape is like in Leeds but I know my mpg suffers around here cos nothing's flat! Southport and the M5/M6 up that way seems much flatter.

Other than that I just drive smoothly, but have the odd bit of fun when the opportunity permits!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Rocket Ron said:
triplefan wake up and smell the coffee its all done by computers and i think darrenwls 50 you will be luck JUST TRY IT

You asked a question, and I replied. If you are unable to understand I have answered your question that is your loss, or maybe I am the one that has failed to grasp the concept.

Please explain to me how by using Fuelly when you enter the amount of fuel needed to fill the tank, and the miles covered, it does not answer your question.

Again, if you had actually taken the time to read the posts I linked to, you would have seen that I listed how many litres for how many miles, with an MPG figure based on the calculations.

The person you are so grateful to has made unnecessary assumptions regarding fuel left in the tank, which are also incorrect. The first 35 litres is irrelevant, all you need to do is to start with a full tank, and re-fill to the brim again. when you know how much fuel used for many miles done you have your actual fuel consumption.

HEY, HANG ON A MINUTE...THAT'S HOW FUELLY DO IT

@darrenwls

I realise individual cars may exhibit different characteristics, but I have filled up several times with less than 10 miles range showing on the dis, and only managed 39 litres, so over a gallon still in there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
triplefan said:
Rocket Ron said:

You asked a question, and I replied. If you are unable to understand I have answered your question that is your loss, or maybe I am the one that has failed to grasp the concept.

Please explain to me how by using Fuelly when you enter the amount of fuel needed to fill the tank, and the miles covered, it does not answer your question.

Again, if you had actually taken the time to read the posts I linked to, you would have seen that I listed how many litres for how many miles, with an MPG figure based on the calculations.

The person you are so grateful to has made unnecessary assumptions regarding fuel left in the tank, which are also incorrect. The first 35 litres is irrelevant, all you need to do is to start with a full tank, and re-fill to the brim again. when you know how much fuel used for many miles done you have your actual fuel consumption.

HEY, HANG ON A MINUTE...THAT'S HOW FUELLY DO IT

@darrenwls

I realise individual cars may exhibit different characteristics, but I have filled up several times with less than 10 miles range showing on the dis, and only managed 39 litres, so over a gallon still in there.
Hey Triplefan,

Not sure what I've done to get your back up, I think Ron is frustrated at not achieving a satisfactory mpg and seeking advice. I took his coffee comment as tongue in cheek but you seem to have taken it personally?

I did indeed make assumptions in my calculations but wouldn't dismiss them as incorrect but they merely have a degree of inaccuracy. However whatever way you calculate it I've achieved 523 miles from one tank of fuel, filled up until the pump clicked rather than to the brim.

If from what you say regarding 39 litres we assume the usage of fuel to achieve the 523 miles is that, then that's 8.578801 gallons. That's 60.96 miles per gallon.

DIS:
61.5mpg up, distance 227.3 miles
59.2mpg back, distance 227.3 miles

Average mpg per DIS 60.33mpg

@Triplefan
I originally gave two calculations, giving a reasonable case and a worst case and stated anywhere in between is fine with me, so not sure how discrediting my calculations is of any benefit to anyone? The tone of your post seems to be somewhat disparaging to both of us and not reflecting a very warm welcome to a new forum member on what I've found to be a usually friendly forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Its taken a long time but audi have decided to give me a CAR SWOP for the Extra fuel i have used, and Huddersfield

Audi loaned us a R8 Spyder for the Day :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts