Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Might be the particle filter? Do you do many long/fast drives?

·
Registered
99 Posts
No worries... Just make sure to open it up on an A road/ motorway a little every now and then!

All diesels have this issue, should say in the manual, maybe someone can quote it for me? :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi , I remeber the sales rep when I collected my car , saying about if the light come on ( got the impression that it might happen if only do short journeys? or local driving ) but the sales rep said to that it would clear with a run.

·
Registered
99 Posts
daytonasliner said:
Hi , I remeber the sales rep when I collected my car , saying about if the light come on ( got the impression that it might happen if only do short journeys? or local driving ) but the sales rep said to that it would clear with a run.
Yup need to get the engine to heat up enough to burn off and regenerate!

If you don't, and leave it you'll end up needing to get it manually done at the dealers

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
JustDorian said:
Yup need to get the engine to heat up enough to burn off and regenerate!

If you don't, and leave it you'll end up needing to get it manually done at the dealers
Some dealers charge for this service so watch out! :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
ice silver said:
hi dorian. went on motorway 70mph.light went out .thanks :D
"Sorry officer for speeding I was clearing my particulate filter!"

·
Registered
99 Posts
No worries, glad I helped!

And come on taconite2... 70 is legit on most motorways :D

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
JustDorian said:
No worries, glad I helped!

And come on taconite2... 70 is legit on most motorways :D
Just made me laugh the thought of you speeding down the motorway :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lol yea... U know if I ever get pulled, that's my excuse!

Let's just hope it isn't sahar that pulls me lol! Although that wouldn't be too bad tbh ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
And trust me you wouldnt want to not regenerate one of these, if as forced regen at dealer cant be complete could leak to new DPF and youd be looking at a good few quid lets just say 1500 at the least, there are pamflets at dealers that tell you what to do, if i can reme,ber its drive at 2,000rpm for 15mins (at least) in about 2-3rd gears and it should clear it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.