Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected my A1 yesterday, amalfi white with competition exterior kit...love it. Popping in tomorrow to collect the rubber mats & was going to go for a few more accessories, didn't go for the competition interior but going to get the rear view mirror cover, had it in my head there was a tax disc holder too but can't see it anywhere...was i just dreaming that part or anyone else seen it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
not heard anything about a tax disc holder,in fact im not sure what you meen buy rear view mirror cover ?
maybe you been surfing the net and dreaming ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, no you really can buy the mirror cover, think i must have been dreaming about the tax disc holder though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pictures please :) I mean of the car :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Note the rear view mirror cover is only available for standard mirror not one with light rain sensor pack one at the moment.

·
Registered
442 Posts
mrfaize said:
got me a Audi engraved Richbrook tax disc holder off the bay.
Can you do a link? was it easy to fit

They dont do a s line engraved one do they?

·
Registered
442 Posts
thank you , does it look nice quality . Ive always wondered how these attach to the windscreen ha ha

·
Registered
33 Posts
trust me guys they look better than they are practical, those sticky pads will be great in the winter but when summer comes they melt off in the sun and even worst when you come to change your tax disc, you try and find where to buy more of them from when you have to pull it off the window to unscrew the tiny little allen key bolts that hold it together.

dont get me wrong i love the look of them but ive been their and done it and what ive said happens plus you get all sticky stuff on the windscreen where it melts in the sun and slowly slides down the window

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had one on my Corsa and it was great to be honest. Never had a problem in the summer with it melting off. Yes it could of been easier to change the tax disc but its only once (twice max) a year.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thanks Gaz , reading your thread its that , that worries me about them. Il give it a miss for me , I dont want to spoil anything inside the car.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm with Nipz.
No summer melt
This one doesn't have the allen key as the back just twists off - simples!

Actually the one on my A3 from the dealer made more mess than this - try getting one of those of the screen!

·
Registered
274 Posts
daytonasliner said:
mrfaize said:
got me a Audi engraved Richbrook tax disc holder off the bay.
Can you do a link? was it easy to fit

They dont do a s line engraved one do they?
lots of s-line ones on the bay - just search for "audi tax holder" - theres lots there - some magnetic ones for about £11 inc P&P - upto the twist off richbrook ones for about £15-16. Lots of ones with audi, rings and s-line - in silver, red and blue and black.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Before I picked up my Amalfi White Sport on 20 Nov. I told the dealer I wanted him to make sure the model and engine designation was definitely removed, dealership decal was removed and my Richbrook tax disc holder in white was installed. The car looks very clean with no stickers, no designators and white tax disc holder installed. If anyone wants to know what model of Audi it is, they just have to ask. I do get a lot of people pointing and staring. :p

- http://www.richbrook-styling.co.uk/tax- ... ction-1/72
- 'Retro' Collection 1
- Le Mans White (P/N 4700.10)
- Price: £17.95

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, had it in my head i'd seen a competition line one, was obviously dreaming so i've ordered a black richbrook one off ebay instead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts