Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So for the past 5 years I have been following the progress of fuels for the future being both synthetic and nuclear.
As far is I can see like it or not, we are going nuclear. The question however is how, when, and who. The potential of using small modular reactors for industrial uses is endless.
The way I see it, Using nuclear thermal energy for direct industrial uses is far more efficient then converting it into electricity only to have a 30% efficiency loss and then have another 30% or more in converting it back into thermal energy for manufacturing possesses.
Where am I going with this? well, the biggest problem for synthetic fuel manufacturing is the thermal requirements for the direct air capture processes and hydrogen. Now you could probably get away with the hydrogen process by using other means such as wind, but your still left with a huge demand for thermal energy for direct air capture.
So the question is, will our cars be powered by nuclear energy?
If you ask me, then yes. I see no other way to decarbonize the transport industry, not only cars but trucks, trains, ships and more importantly jet engines.

Now I'm not going to bother with the whole hype about that stupid article about how Porsche is on the ball with this one and is already on top of this. But I'm going to shoot you down by saying Porsche is not a energy company so ya can just calm down on that one.
The companies you should be looking at is GE Hitachi, TerraPower, NuScale and Rolls-Royce,
Yes Rolls-Royce are a energy company, unlike Porsche and they have SMR implementation planed for mass production within this decade. So it wont long for them to convert their thermal energy into carbon neutral fuels.

So Im just getting the ball rolling on this see if anyone can add to this.
I will be making additions to this to keep people up to date one when and where these reactors will be installed and what companies will be utilizing them such as Carbon Engineering and Climeworks who are the current leaders in DAC.

Building sets Urban design Engineering Gas Construction set toy

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, there were already electric cars at the beginning of the 20th century, and kerosene and lead gasoline. where did you get that at least some kind of future for nuclear fuel? even in the children's cartoon it was ridiculed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, there were already electric cars at the beginning of the 20th century, and kerosene and lead gasoline. where did you get that at least some kind of future for nuclear fuel? even in the children's cartoon it was ridiculed
I find everything on this reply complete irrelevant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For anyone who is interested
Bill gate’s collaboration with TerraPower is planed to start construction within 2024 in Kemmerer Wyoming. The plant is to be a fully functional power plant for demonstration purposes as to gather R&D into converting decommissioned coal fire power plants into a nuclear fuelled hybrid sodium reactor.
Most importantly, its a power plant that mostly works around the technical issues of thermal capacity by using both a nuclear reactor, as well as wind and solar. So as you can see, its mostly concentrating on the thermal efficiency and how well they will be able to store it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts