Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted the post in ,Cars or Items Wanted,at the weekend,and thought I would reply,so i could compare the remap with my TMC box and report back to the forum.After not getting answers to some of my questions,ie would the ecu be tampered with,would it be detectable,would flash updates wipe the remap,I asked if I could have these points clarified in writing, before taking my car to them on wed 27th July.
The PR man who was handling this said on the phone,he thought it was undetectable?,It was highly unlikely that VAG would install flash updates!! and my ecu would be removed,opened and modified!!!!!.I have declined the offer of a free remap ,as this would invalidate my warranty.
I now believe that nobody can remap security locked VAG ecu's,without tampering,apart from Amd, £1250 !!,and the only sensible way is TMC tuning boxes,price,ease of install/de-install,plus you can sell it on,you can't sell a remap.PS .the PR man told me they had a power graph for the 1.4Tfsi,132BHP standard,152BHP remapped,I would bet my box beats that. ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The Revo remap is totally undetectable and is not affected by any flash updates.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
butch said:
The Revo remap is totally undetectable and is not affected by any flash updates.
Revo don't list the A1 :?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
triplefan said:
butch said:
Revo don't list the A1 :?
they list the seat ibiza 178 and Polo Gti which the same engine.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
A1LDU said:
Butch,How is thr Revo map installed?
from laptop via Obd1 port.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GPL,I can tell you that Superchips can not do Bluefin for the A1 or any other of the VAG locked ecu's,that is why they wanted to open,and mod my ecu,hence the post at start of this topic. :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
No REVO map for the 1.6 TDi yet!

Hoping a few companies start doing bits for the A1 in the upcoming months!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts