Audi A1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

Just been speaking with Superchips, the guys who run Bluefin, regarding the A1 - Specifically the 1.4 TFSI engine.

They have yet to run any tests on the engine in the A1 but are looking for anyone willing to help them.

Does anyone live in the Buckingham area who is intrested in helping Superchips run some tests at their Head Office??

I dont have any ideas what the tests will involve etc etc however I have the contact details of the guy dealing with it, PM and I will pass his details on if you are intrested.

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got some further information through via email...

We will need to get a read of the ECU by some method. Normally it is via the diagnostic port and would not affect the warranty. Ideally, we would like to try with a bluefin first as that is really the best solution before we result to alternative methods.

After some further investigation, the engine fitted to the A1 sounds like it is the same as our current Golf TSi devolpment car. It is a 1.4 Turbo petrol producing around 120bhp and 200 nm stock.

If you use this hyperlink:
http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=38&fueltype=3&model=465&variant=2156&year=2010

You can see the sort of gains we have achieved on our car which is equipped with a DSG gearbox. This version of Golf IS also bluefin compatible.

If someone was willing to buy a bluefin to check, we can organise it shipping out ASAP, and we would of course organise a refund if it wasn't compatible but we are quite confident it will work.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tim said:
What would you expect the 0-60 to reduce to?
No ideas if I am honest, but reviews of it's use on other turbo cars is around 1.5 - 2 seconds.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have already told them when i get my car i would be more than willing to help them out but as i dont get my car until March im sure someone would have come forward before me :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am more than happy to help them out as soon as I get my car, but considering it is a trial, and the results of which would go on to make them money I would not expect to pay for the privilege!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am sure if your willing to let them use your car for testing they will re-map your car for free ;)

Not sure if you could squeeze the Bluefin handheld module out of them tho, that might be pushing it :lol:

All you can do is ask tho!

Andrew

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am led to believe from various experts,that a re-map will be wiped at first service,as updates are added.? :?

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you have bluefin you can upload and download the map when ever it suits you, so for instance lets say your car is due a service to can revert your car back to factory map then put it back on after you get the car back.

Also Superchips are approved by VW/Audi as they sell them and Superchips give a warranty in case the map is wiped from your car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tempted.
My first Clio was used by K&N's test centre, received a free 57i kit once it launched and a full tank of petrol.
Had an email from my dealer today saying my A1 should be with them in the next few days. Need to shift my current Clio before I can pick it up though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Any idea if they could do the 1.6TDI? should be getting mine in a couple of weeks, i know some people on here have got the tuning boxes and they have reported good things but i would rather have a remap, i have been told down at a vw garage by a friend that the tuning boxes tell the engine management the engine is cold and to force more fuel in rather than a change of the ECU settings like a remap does, that is why when you remove the tuning box it reverts back to standard. The Bluefin seems like a brilliant idea being able to remap and then remove back to standard.
Any ideas what kind of gains to expect with a remaped TDI?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Update: i have e-mailed Superchips about the 1.6TDi and got a reply yesterday,
They are unable to currently offer a remap for the 1.6TDI because of the nature of the engine management security. It is very possible that they will have something available in the new year, although almost certainly not with bluefin because it is not possible to read their program through the diagnostic port. They have kept my contact details and let me know when a solution becomes available.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rang Superchips this morning.
They've now got a 1.4 TFSI S-tronic lined up for dev/testing but kindly offered to take my email to let me know when it's available for purchase.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's good news.

Hopefully something will be available early in 2011 :)

Andrew

·
Registered
220 Posts
RichardD said:
Rang Superchips this morning.
They've now got a 1.4 TFSI S-tronic lined up for dev/testing but kindly offered to take my email to let me know when it's available for purchase.
Awesome!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
GPL said:
Would be nice if they can squeeze 160 BHP out of it.
They got it out of the golfs 1.4 which I am told if basically the same so no reason why not!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In my honest opinion I think you would struggle to hit that number without any additional tuning.

But I hope am proved wrong because it would be a worth while upgrade :)

Andrew

·
Registered
220 Posts
shakeystevo said:
In my honest opinion I think you would struggle to hit that number without any additional tuning.

But I hope am proved wrong because it would be a worth while upgrade :)

Andrew
Yea I was very surprised when I saw the golf performance for the same engine!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts